4

Yes, I know.”

...

“Mhmm.”

...

“Yes, Becka.”

...

“I know, I'm sorry I didn't call immediately, I got busy.”

...

“Yeah, yeah, I will.”

...

“Love you too, Becks.”

I put my phone down and sighed. I forgot to call Rebecca yesterday, and so she immediately went into ‘mom mode’ this morning, making sure I was ok and giving me a stern talking to.

I get up and stretch, quickly changing into some swimming shorts. Yes, its only technically my first day in Forks, and yes, I am going to spend it surfing. There is no way I am slacking off and letting Sol win our bet.

I forgo some shoes as I walk into the kitchen where I see dad reading the newspaper, “Morning, dad.”

He looks up from his mug of coffee, “Morning Rome, HOw was yesterday.”

I shrug as I take out some milk from the fridge, already knowing where everything is even though I’d been gone fore years, “Pretty good, Sam said he’s gonna help teach me some Alpha stuff, if one day I ever decide I want to take over. Tattoo is pretty cool though.”

He nods, “Thats good, and what about Jacob, how was he?”

I sigh, pouring some cereal in a bowl and adding some milk, “As expected, he ignored me most of the night. Barely even looked at me.”

He set his coffee down on the table and rolled himself over to me, “He’ll come around, he always does. What’re you going to do today?”

I swallowed my bite before speaking, “Gonna go surf down at the beach.”

“Mmm, would you mind taking someone with you?”

I set my now empty bowl in the sink, “Depends on who it is.”

“You remember Bella, the chief's daughter?”

“Bella Swan? She’s back in Forks?” I smile, we used to hang out a lot when we were younger, I always thought of her as another big sister.

“Yeah, has been for a while. She was with one of the Cullen boys.”

“Cullen? She was with a vampire, did she know?”

He nodded, “Yeah she knew, but they left a few months ago and it hit her hard. She's been real down, and Jake was the one to cheer her up, but as you know, right now he cant exactly go and see her.”

I nod, “But, you want me to take her to the beach? I'm pretty knew to this thing too, y’know?”

Dad looked me in the eye, “You and I both know that you’re more capable of controlling yourself. You’ve always had better control, Ro. Plus, you get to reconnect with an old friend. And Charlie has been asking for you as well.”

I shrug, “Ok, why not? Itll be good to see her and Charlie again. Can I take the truck?”

He nods, “Ok, ill see you later, Dad!”

I quickly run to my room and throw a shirt on before grabbing my board, I pause at the door to slip some sandals on, and then continue out to dad's old pickup.
The tarp is off now, so I just put my board in from the side and hop in the front, I may not have my license, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to drive.