10

3RD POV

The Clearwater house was still a mess. Even though the glass had been cleaned, the door covered as well as the furniture, there was still a brokenness to the house.

As soon as Seth saw his mother he ran to her and hugged her, crying into her shoulder. His sister Leah sat beside them on the couch and a moment later stood up to join their hug, a few tears slipping down her face.

Charlie Swan stood at the front of the room, his eyes red. He had been told that Leah and Seth took out their grief on the house and ran away. He didn't need to know the truth.

"Harry Clearwater," he started, his voice choked up, "was one of the closest friends I've had. We were going on, what?, thirty years?"

He stops for a moment and looks around the room, "He was always there for all of us. He was a friend, a husband, a father, a protector. He was always up for a good weekend of fishing or hunting." He chuckled, "remember when we went about three years ago and we thought he got a monster! Turns out it was just an old cooler full of beer." That got a laugh out of a few people, "although it wasn't completely wasted, we drank good that night, boys!"

The room cleared up after that, people giving their condolences before leaving. After about thirty minutes, the house was empty except for the Clearwaters and the pack.

Sam stepped forward, "I think it'd be best to explain all of this at my house." He smiled at Seth, "Emily made steak."

Seth's eyes brightened and Roman smiled a little at the sight. Paul punched his shoulder, "Simp."
Roman playfully glared and grabbed his head, giving him a noogie.

"Ahh! Rome, stop! Yield, yield! I yield!"

Roman let him go, laughing. He only had a second to brace himself though before Paul pounced on him, pushing him to the ground.

"Oof!" all the air rushed out of him as Paul lay on top of him.
Jared smirked at him, "Dogpile!"

Rome's eyes widened as he looked at Sam who was laughing, "Jared, don't. I'm warning you."

Jared just laughed and flopped on top of Paul, followed by Embry. "Ugh. Just wait until we're outside."

They all laughed, "You know," Paul started, "Your muscles are surprisingly comfortable. Is it from surfing? Cause damn." Roman just rolled his eyes and laid his head down.

He opened them a few minutes later when he felt even more weight on top of him. He groaned, "Not you too, pup."

Seth was now sitting on top of Embry's back with a small smile, "it looked fun."

Roman just smiled and laid his head back down until Sam ordered them to move.
"We'll meet at my house, that sound good?" Sam was looking at Sue as he said this.

"I don't have Harry's keys."

Roman dug in his pocket, "you can take mine. It'll be easier than running back for it later."
SHe took the keys and smiled at him, "Thank you Roman."

He smiled back before looking at his new pack members, "So, what are you two gonna do? You gonna shift or are you just gonna ride?"

Leah clenched her jaw, "I wanna run." Seth looked at her for a second before agreeing.

"This'll be fun." Paul smirked as he walked out the back door taking his shirt off. He quickly shifted into his grey and white wolf.
He started strutting around as the rest of the pack came outside. "Showoff!" Roman yelled.

Leah and Seth looked a little nervous, "Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. In the meantime, just think of something that makes you really upset or angry."