Quidditch Practice.

She couldn't save them, she failed.

Sirius screaming his way into Azkaban without a trial and then his fall through the veil, Remus alone and suffering for years and his death in the final battle, and Alice and Frank wandering without coherence for decades, a fate worse than death.

Cordelia woke with a silent scream. Her night terror had been of all of the people she had met and their death playing on loop.

Cordelia shot out of bed and ran into the bathroom where she promptly threw up all of her dinner. She looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was 4: 38 am. There was no way she was going back to sleep after that. Cordelia washed her face and brushed her hair before going back to her trunk to grab a uniform for today. On her way back to the bathroom she stopped mid step. She had a wand, and she hadn't even tried to do magic- what kind of witch was she?

Turning around to her bedside table she quietly snatched her wand and locked herself in the bathroom. She wasted no time to try out magic herself- she knew the spells like the back of her hand but she wasn't sure if it would actually work with no practice.

"Lumos."

The wand quickly lit on the end. It actually worked. What other spells does she know?

"Nox."

The wand extinguished it's light immediately. Feeling a childlike enthusiasm wash over her, Cordelia decided she wanted to try every spell possible. But what should she start with?

"Aguamenti."

Really, she was pleasantly surprised when the wand sprayed water into the sink- if the movements were similar to what she knew from her reality this may be far easier than she expected it to be. Feeling adventurous now she took the hem of her skirt and ripped it severely.

"Reparo."

The stitching fixed itself. Cordelia was more than shocked, this shouldn't be possible as she hasn't practiced these spells, at least not really. The only experience she had was with a fake wand in her reality that she would go through spells with when she was bored. It was her hyper fixation at its finest.

"Expecto patronum."

Nothing happened. This is good on her part, if she could do all of the spells she at least knows about, school was going to be rather boring. The only spells she had accurate knowledge on was defensive spells, curses, and basically anything they emphasized in the book. She could do Accio in her sleep but ask her to change a matchstick into a needle and she has not a clue. She didn't know the spell for that- maybe taking transfiguration was not a good idea.

She finished getting ready while humming to herself, she assumed it was best that she get an early morning anyway. Humming to herself was the only way she could feel connected to the life she left behind- she couldn't listen to her favorite songs anymore but it felt as if the melodies were cycling through her head. She figured that it was so early no one would hear her or mind her lightly singing the melodies stuck within her head.

So she made her way down to the common room where she saw it was only 5:17 am. She flopped down on the rug in front of the fireplace and laid on her back. As she stared up at the ceiling she began humming and mumbling lyrics as they came. Soon enough she closed her eyes as she felt like she could really hear the music in her ears and started singing to herself softly. Thats probably why when she opened her eyes and saw James Potter holding his broomstick and staring at her, she jumped about a foot in the air and immediately shut up.

"Please, don't stop on my account."

"Im sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, I have practice at 5:30. But that last song you were singing- It was very good. I've never heard it before. Did you make it up?"