9

"Yo, are you okay?"

At last, the day finally came. The day I finally broke down. It happened when I was hanging out with the four troublemakers Kai calls friends. Kai had come up as a topic again, as he usually did. The five of us couldn't help it. We missed him. And when five people who miss the same person are gathered in a group, they tend to talk about missing that person.

"I miss Kai," I sighed, leaning back in my chair, flopping back uselessly.

"I'm starting to think the only reason you hang out with us is because of Kai," Yeonjun scoffed slightly.

"Don't be petty," I told him.

When the weight of my words hit me, a strange sadness came over me. For the first time in a while, I had said the word petty and it wasn't followed by Kai calling himself pretty. For once, I actually wanted him to call himself pretty. I would've cried, had I not been in school. I tried to keep a neutral face but the sadness must've covered my face like a mask. That's when the others asked if I was okay.

  "I'm fine," I answered, taking a deep breath in so I could breathe my sadness out, but sadly, feelings didn't work like that.

  "You look really sad. Does someone need a hug?" Beomgyu offered jokingly.

  "Touch me and I'll rip your arms off," I threatened, leaning away from Beomgyu's advancing arms.

  "So when it's me, you'll rip my arms off but when it's Kai, you'll accept it with open arms," Beomgyu scoffed.

  "Don't be petty," I said once again, not thinking of my words. Even saying the word petty made me sad. That in itself was sad. I put my elbow on the table and my head in my hand, leaning to the side, balancing my chair on two of its legs to try to get my mind off of how much I missed Kai. What I failed to notice in the instant that my mood had changed, was what the other four noticed with not so subtle expressions.

  "How can I not be pretty? It's one of my defining traits," I head from beside me as a hand came into vision, closely followed by the person I missed so dearly.

  I gasped, but in that instant, I happened to lose the balance on the two legs of the chair that I had previously been so focussed on. The two legs slipped from the bottom of the chair and the chair hit the ground with a loud clatter, followed by me, slamming onto the ground beside it, causing everyone around us to stop what they were doing to stare, and causing the five who had just witnessed me eating the ground (falling), to laugh.

  "Oh my god, are you okay?" Kai asked between bouts of laughter, trying his hardest to stop laughing, only making him laugh harder in the process.

  "Ow," was all I replied with, untangling myself from the chair and sitting it up properly. I dusted myself off, rubbing my elbow, which I had used to try to catch myself. I pulled myself back up to sit in the chair again.

  "What're you even doing here?" Yeonjun questioned, having finally caught his breath.

  "I was doing well in individual and ensemble rehearsal so today, I have a break," he said, presenting his words with jazz hands.

  "That's great! You're doing so well, we're so proud Hueningie," Soobin cooed, caressing Kai's chin.

  "We're glad you could be back. (Y/N) here missed you so much that they even invited us to their house for a movie night," Taehyun said, gesturing to me, who wasn't paying attention in the slightest, still trying to figure out how many bruises I would have.

  "What?" Kai asked. He even looked slightly offended. "You invited them over for a movie night before me?"

  "You were busy and I was bored," I mumbled, rubbing at my pained elbow.