Chapter Twelve

~~~Aaron~~~

Finally, he was unconscious. He let her runaway and needs to be punished. He ruined my life.

Chase helped me pick him up and take him to the abandoned building i found the night before. "Do you know where she is?" I sneered the word she. Chase nodded as he shifted the bastard in his arms.

"Yep. Heard she was hiding out in Waterlight." Waterlight? Why would they let her in there? She's nothing but a pathetic excuse of a wolf. If she even is one. My wolf enjoyed the thought of killing the bastard and the bitch. Both of them will pay for what they've done to me.

"Is that all you found on her?" Once again, he nodded. Good.

Jace groaned and weakly attempted to get out of my grip without opening his eyes. I don't think so, Harland.

One down, one to go.

~~~Chase~~~

So, I lied. There was no way I was going to let Aaron get a hold of Emma. He wanted to kill her, I wanted her as my Luna. Aaron was a puny rogue so I would let him have his way with Harland. If anything, I'd help him kill Jace because, being Emma's mate, he would just get in my way. He needs to go but Emma is mine.

One must die, one is mine.

~~~Emma~~~

"Adam, something isn't right. You said that when he realized I was his mate, his wolf could feel mine, right?" He nods. "When he first answered me, I could feel his wolf, too. Now I can't." Adam furrows his brows in thought.

"What was your whole conversation?" Telling him mine and Jace's conversation, I watched Adam try to think about what could have went wrong. I just found out Jace is my mate. There is no way I'm going to let him get hurt.

Yes, he's part of my old pack but he didn't know what my family was doing to me. It wasn't his fault. When my brother had me that night, he kept him down and chased me. He could have just let me leave but no. Jace tried to stop me.

For some reasons, I'm glad he didn't get to stop me though. One, I got to come here. I was able to escape my horrible father and brother for a pack that actually wants and accepts me.

Sometimes I wondered why my old friends left me, but now I know. I believed they left because they thought I killed my mother and those other pack members too, but that's not why. They left because they were afraid. There was really only three reasons for why a wolf doesn't shift at fourteen. One of them being what I got, another being, something was just wrong with their wolf, but the third reason was their wolf could be the child of the grave; The Stone Goddess.

The night I shifted, I wasn't the only late wolf. The Lily Goddess and the Stone Goddess were always born on the same night and shifted at the same time. They were born to fight each other. One was born to keep peace among their kind while the other was to wreak havoc.

When we were kids, all the adults would tell the tales of the Lily Goddess and the Stone Goddess. Some would believe it, others would not. For the longest time, I was one of those who didn't. I didn't believe in a goddess at all because I thought that if there really were a goddess, my mother would still be alive and I would still have a loving family.

For most of my sixteen years, I thought both goddesses were exactly what they were told as. Tales. Now, I guess, someone thought it'd be funny to make me the Lily Goddess. I slightly laughed at the irony until I remembered the situation in front of me.

"Something about your conversation does seem off. At first, he sounds like he was surprised but then the end says something else." I nodded. 'It's not something else.' My wolf said. 'It's someone else.' Someone else? Who could break into Jace's mind-link like that? Then it dawned on me.

"It isn't something else, it's someone else. Somebody attacked Jace and finished the conversation. I don't know how I didn't notice the change of voice till now, but right after I told him to come here, there was a change of voice, but it wasn't familiar." Aurora shook her head in confusion. None of us understood what was going on and there was still a group of Jace's pack wolves setting up downstairs. Thankfully none of them have seen me yet, but that also means Jace didn't hear me tell him to call off the search and confirms that something happened.

Suddenly, Mathew Farlon, a nice eighteen year old I'd become friends with and asked to be my Third-in-Command, came in making us all jump. I had been so far in this that I hadn't even heard him coming.

"Alpha, Kris Jameston called. He asked me to tell 'the Alpha' to call him back. It's important. Do you want to call or should I tell him you're busy?" For a second, the name didn't register but once it did, I was already dialing his number. Kris, Jace's Third, may know something or be able to help us. After two rings, Kris picked up.

"Kris Jameston? You wished to speak to me?" I began, getting straight to business.

"Yes, I've been calling all Alpha's to see if they could help us. Would you be able to help us, Alpha...." He trailed off, knowing Waterlight had a new Alpha but not knowing their name.

I finished for him. "Walker." A quick gasp escaped Kris' lips and through the phone.

"E-Emma? Emma Walker?" He questioned. His tone seeping with the shock I was sure was evident on his face.

"The one and only." My tone was harder now. I still wasn't sure if Keith was there.

"Wow, if I knew where Jace was this would be a lot easier but unfortunately, I don't and that's why I've been calling all these packs. Have you seen him or talked to him? He called me earlier today to cancel the search for you but he never returned from Firewhisp. His father and sister said he decided to run back but we haven't seen him." His voice sounded both excited and scared. Kris' breath was shaky through the phone's speaker and I knew he was worried.

I understood his concern, especially with what we figured out here, but why is he this worried? "Kris, what happened in the pack after I left?" He took a deep shaky breath and voiced both my wishes and fears.

"Jace marked your brother as a rogue, your father ran off and can't be found, and Jace made search groups to look for you because he knew you were his mate, somehow, and now, like I said, hasn't come back.

Knowing my brother and father, they're going to want revenge. "Have you talked to Firewhisp's Alpha?" The phone was now on speaker and everyone was staring at it, pulling in every word the shaking wolf said.

"No, we called there first but the Beta picked up and said he didn't return after seeing off Jace's group, but Frank and Jasmine said they never saw Alpha Dixon there." Now I knew something was wrong there. Alpha's always watched their guests leave. Why didn't Alpha Dixon do that?

"Thank you, Kris. Also, I did talk to Jace. He m-called me but somebody else finished the call. We think Alpha Dixon may know where Jace is." Alpha Dixon must have done something and I knew everyone around me was thinking the same. I only hoped that Kris didn't catch when I almost said mind-linked. I wasn't sure if he knows who I am but if my father is still a part of that pack, I don't want any of them knowing. For all I know, he could be part of this.

"We need to meet up somewhere. If our Alpha is hurt, we have to do something." I nodded even though I knew he could see it.

"Yes, come here and we will discuss everything when you arrive." With that, we ended the call. Somebody had Jace and I wouldn't doubt they want him dead.