| 4 |

Recap

I guess I didn't have to wait too long to hang out with him. It had been two days since we last hung out and Jimin invited me to a cafe for lunch, claiming he needed help with something.

"Y/N, can you help set me up with Eun Kyung?"

Your POV

What else could I expect? He was just like the others, who used me as a bridge to  Eun Kyung. I knew he sincerely liked her, but it still hurt my heart. Who would like seeing their crush trying to pursue their best friend?

"Y/N! Are you kidding me? I literally created the opportunity for you to impersonate me through text to get close to Jimin, only for you to tell me that you're setting the two of us up?" Eun Kyung looked livid, fairly close to punching the closest thing to her...which, to be specific, was me.

"I know, but I can't do anything if he doesn't take a liking to me...and I didn't want to say no, especially to him..."

"Y/N I don't want to do this...especially since I know you've liked him for quite some time as well. Plus, I don't even like him!"

"Just go on one date with him! You can reject him if you want after!"

"No Y/N. This is the one thing that I can't give into. There is no way in hell I'm going on a date with my best friend's crush. If it was anybody else, I may have given some thought, but not for Jimin."

"But-"

"No buts. It's not fair on you! Please put yourself first, you're worth much more!"

"But I'm not, and it shows."

"I am not going through this conversation with you again."

"Fine, but I don't know what to tell him, I know this will upset him..." I shift my gaze down at the tiled surface, avoiding eye contact with Eun Kyung.

"Just tell him that I didn't want to," Eun Kyung shrugs as I sigh in disappointment.

...

"I'm really sorry Jimin, I tried talking her into it a lot, but she isn't willing," I broke the news, seeing his frame shrink in discontent and his smile drop.

"Thank you for trying, Y/N." I saw him nibbling on his lip in nervousness.

"I can still try-" I start and see him look up at me with hopeful eyes.

Before I can even stop myself, I blurt out "I can still try to help you make contact with her, maybe she'll start to like you then..."

"Really? You'd do that for me?" 

"Of course...who else would, since no one is closer to Eun Kyung anyways..." I trail off.

I couldn't bring myself to see him unhappy, and I was aware that Eun Kyung brought him happiness. Maybe I would be able to set them up subtly. For his sake. For his happiness.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You don't know how much this means to me!" Jimin slams me into his chest, embracing me.

For a moment I froze. My heart began racing, taking into account the position we were in.

Jimin pulls away, startled and realisation taking over his face.

"Sorry...." 

"It's okay," I look down, tears welled up in my eyes.

Of course he's sorry. Why would he want to hug someone like me anyways.