Chapter 11. The Johnson's Dinner

He texted her during that day telling her that his father insisted that they go to the villa for dinner.
She texted back: I'm sure he misses you. Will you come home after dinner?
She regretted after sending that she asked. He paused reading her text trying to analyze why is he happy she asked... but then he stood in anger "what's happening Andrew. You've left this go too far. And much longer than you should. She's no different than anyone. And she shouldn't be"
In his trail to prove to himself that she was in no special place to him, he texted back a plain cold "no, i won't".
She was offended by his cold reply. She felt bad muttering to herself "You're stupid Lou. You brought it to yourself!".  She then sat on her desk trying to understand why she feels bad he's not going to snuggle in with her?! And what's worse; his cold reply that really made her feel bad.
When she went to his place later; suddenly she felt suffocating in the house without him. She simply jumped in her car and went home.
James who happened to be waiting for her to get her food offered to drive her, but she insisted on taking her own car thanking him.

As usual; James texted his boss telling him that Lou went to her place.

His father was cold as ever, but he couldn't help asking him about this new woman
Edward: When will you bring her to meet me
Both David and Andrew were equally surprised: We're still far from that Dad.
Edward: You've been seeing her for a while now
Andrew: Dad please. Stop trying to know what I'm doing
Edward: Did you assign someone to check her?
Andrew nodded: she's good... everything she said about her life was true... her Uni records are amazing... they only didn't find details about her work...
Edward: don't care much about her work... skeletons in her closest are the ones I care about...
David snapped: Why do we have to do that every time. It didn't make a difference when Susan hit and go. Did it, Dad?!
Andrew and his father's eyes widened in surprise but couldn't say a word. They know David was still in pain!
Susan broke David's heart when she played his feelings completely controlling him while taking as much money and making him buy her jewelry and couple of properties. Insisting to have babies but when things delayed, she took off with the money trying to blackmail them for more money or she will go to the papers telling them he was abusive. Andrew advised his brother to divorce her in silence. Andrew and his Dad ensured she signed all needed statements that she won't be telling these lies to the press in any form; otherwise, she would be accused of false allegations and made her sign a huge Cheque that would be sending her to prison if any harm is done to the Johnsons in any possible way. Of course, Andrew was the mastermind of the whole plan and legal execution.

Avoiding talking about painful Suzan, they spoke of business for the whole evening, while Andrew drifted away with his mind regretting so much that he told Lou they won't meet tonight! They could have. He missed her. And now she's back to her place.

She went home and tried to study but words couldn't get into her head that night. She couldn't stop wanting to see him. She decided to go to bed and try to sleep. It should be better than just sitting missing him, she thought. She then smiled bitterly at herself "how stupid is that Lilly?! You miss that man?? That exact man who wants to strip you off your future??"
Sleep proved to be unattainable for her.

Cold Beds
It was late by the time business discussions were closed between the three Johnsons. Andrew took his car and drove home after sending James home. Something felt cold into his heart. He parked and kept thinking about the empty house, the empty room and the empty bed. In the morning, the idea of sleeping alone and not seeing her seemed like a good doable one. But now it's very... Very cold. He started the car again and headed to her house.
Andrew opened her apartment's door still in disbelief that he couldn't hold himself from being with her for one night.
She was still unable to close her eyes when she heard the door and jumped calling his name.
Andrew looked surprised: Why aren't you asleep?
She wanted to run into his arms but stopped herself, she shrugged her shoulders and found no words to tell him, other than just looking at him...
He went closer to her when she looked into his eyes and tried to read them but then she thought he was there. What's more to read. She moved this one step which closed up the space between them. She wrapped her arms around him as he moved his around her waist and shoulder... after standing silently for couple of minutes: Can we go sleep now Andrew?
He moved his hand holding her head, he kissed her temple softly: Yes. I'm exhausted.
They went silently to bed. They held each other and fell in deep sleep instantly.

Couple of days passed by and it was time for her thesis defense after the successful submission that was praised by her professors. The day before she was very worried, and wanted to study the full night, while Andrew wanted to take her out to movies or dinner to make her feel less stressed. She was too worried to go anywhere other than stay home and study.
Lilly: You know what would distract me? I cook for you tonight. What do you feel like?
Andrew smiled as he put the phone nearer to his mouth: What if I told you that, what I feel like, has nothing to do with food. Would you go along and let me do what i want?
Lilly blushed remembering that last night he told he wanted to give her a massage to release her stressed muscles: Stop it Andrew, you embarrass me.
Andrew laughed: Hey you naughty girl... Why did your mind drift to something sexual? That wasn't what I had in mind.
She got confused and kept mumbling: I... No... I mean...
He burst into laughter: Sorry Lou... I couldn't resist playing you a little.
She smiled but was angry: You're in trouble... Big time... I only need to think of something that would annoy you so much.
Andrew laughed: No... Think of something we do tomorrow after you finish. What do you think?
She smiled only it was becoming impossible to wipe off this smile from her face around him: Don't know. Just hang out anywhere.
He objected: No, not anywhere. We celebrate in a place of my choice. Just leave it to me.
She smiled again: Just pray for me that we will have a reason to celebrate. I'm so worried.
He assured her: If I like your work and approve of it. Who dares not to like it? Anyhow. Cook something nice and I will be home really early. Bye... Wait...
She was already under his spell and completely taken by the tone of his deep voice: Wait what?
He whispered: Is your lips close to your phone? I would take them under mine and bite this lower lip that drives me crazy.
She was so shocked that she didn't know what to say. He smiled: Babes are you still there?
She whispered a small yeah.
He was serious for a minute: Are you silent because you don't want it?
She answered fast: No... No... I'm just... I mean... You called me Babes and what you said. Can you come really early? I mean... If you can finish...
She paused trying to control her emotions: Jesus. Sorry Andrew, I'm not making any sense.
He laughed: I love it when you are clueless. It's so cute. Listen, I will reschedule the other meetings. Will come straight after this one.
He was wonderful to her the whole evening. He even asked her to make a full rehearsal on her presentation and praised her in every part.

She was looking beautiful in the morning and extremely professional.
He kissed her forehead ensuring he doesn't distract her even though she wanted him to kiss her really as he said, she was still under the effect of his soft words.