Sunshine and Showers

8am at the Schuester-Berry household-

"Mamaaaaaa!" Alex screamed, banging his hands forcefully on his high chair tray.

"I'm here baby, I'm just doing your breakfast." Rachel soothed as Will entered, Madeline in his arms.

"Mommy!" Madeleine spoke, her eyes wide and happy.

"Hey munchkin!" Rachel beamed as Will placed Madeleine down at the table.

"Did you sleep good?" Rachel asked as she placed a bowl of cornflakes infront of Alex.

"Yeah!" Madeline replied as Will ruffled her hair playfully as he sat down beside her.

"That's great." Rachel smiled as she handed Everleigh a piece of fruit from her bowl.

"Mmmmm!" The one year old giggled, sending juice dribbling down her chin.

"You are such a mucky pup!" Rachel laughed as she wiped her chin with her bib.

"Right, that's me off then." Will smiled, finishing his breakfast and grabbing his briefcase.

"Daddy leaving?" Madeleine asked, tilting her head.

"I'm sorry love-bug. Daddy has to go to work. But you get to go to sunnyside today!" Will explained, trying to make himself seem enthusiastic for her.

"And Daddy will be there to pick you up later." Rachel finished as Will kissed her deeply before tickling the twins stomachs and ruffling Madeleine's hair and leaving.

"I want daddy!" Madeleine whined, flicking her toast off her plate.

"Madeleine Cosette Schuester! We don't flick food off the table. Now I know you want daddy but he had to go to work. How about we put the twins in the pack and play and I can help you pick your outfit?" Rachel suggested, trying to get Madeleine's mind off of Will.

"Okay." Madeline said skeptically.

Once they had all finished their breakfast, Rachel lifted Alex and Everleigh into her arms and placed them into their individual pack and plays, handing them each a toy to keep them busy.

"Okay, so what are we feeling today?" Rachel asked as she walked towards Madeleine's wardrobe and looked for an outfit.

"I want to be Elsa!" Madeleine exclaimed, pointing to her Elsa dress.

"I'm sorry baby but you can't be Elsa. Not today as it's too hot outside." Rachel explained.

"But... But..." the three year olds voice trailed off as tears appeared in her eyes.

"Oh Maddy, don't be upset! I know you want to be Elsa, but it's too hot today. We wouldn't want you getting sick now would we?" Rachel tried to explain.

"No..." Madeleine mumbled.

"I promise tomorrow that you can be Elsa. And I'll even do the french braid that Elsa has. Deal?" Rachel  says as Madeleine nods excitedly.

"Okay!" She agreed, smiling broadly.

"That's my girl." Rachel replied as she found Madeleine a short sleeved t-shirt which said You are my sunshine. With a blue pair of shorts to go with it.

 With a blue pair of shorts to go with it