The Day My Life Changed

"Hate to break it to you but I am going to a social gathering "

"Bruh it's your father's date don't say that"

"yeah... Reasonable."

"wear something fancy you know.
You're gonna be seeing thirteen guys there, who knows they could be super handsome ehh"

"ew no.
Shut up they're just kids."

"how do you know"

"Miss Choi told...

well i gotta go my father's calling", I slipped up in a simple mid length dress tying my hair up in a neat ponytail.
Getting ready wasn't my forte ever since lockdown snatched my will to live.
I just vibed to whatever song was playing in the background and applied some light makeup in order to be presentable.
.
.

"Love, I'm almost there.
You should be up and about too.", my father said on the phone.

"sure Appa", I smiled.

It wasn't like I was not happy about his marriage. I truly am because I never got to spend time my late mother.
That's the reason I'm so cranky when it comes to family
Or social life for that matter.
I just hope today goes well.

I set out for some restaurant named Conrad in a cab thinking it would be a common three star restaurant since there were too many kids to afford
a luxury dinner but the moment I reached the venue, my eyes said bye to their sockets.
It was super tall, about a hundred floors and scintillating with expensive lights.
Who knew my step mother could actually come up to be rich.

For all I knew was that I was way under dressed for that palace and going back home to change could get me in a fight with time.
As nervousness crawled over me;
I took a deep breath and stepped forward confidently only to be barred by one of the lavish looking guards.

"Miss you cannot enter here dressed like this", he said.

"What-", the confusion in my head paused when a screech sound emitted by car tyres bought the attention of people including their luxurious pets.

A long line of sedans in distinguished tones of black and white halted in front of the pristine glass doors

The guard hurried to the first car, thereby opening the door respectfully while a man in a extravagant tuxedo stepped forth.
Did I accidentally end up at met gala?

The car then vroomed off as another took its spot.
This time a handsome man with eyelashes, better than me, stepped off.
While the ladies screamed at his frequent smirks, I realized that I had been enchanted by the men as well.
This was my chance, I thought.

After a few minutes when the crowd thickened, I slowly and sneakily initiated my slip through the doors whistling around idly; but my irrhythmic whistle was what caught the guard's attention, and once again, I was escorted back outside.
This time I struggled a bit which made the guard harshly push me outside leading me to bump into somebody.
Somebody absolutely unfamiliar.