sīx

After numerous bacta shots and enough silence to fill every crevice of the outer rim, Evri was longing to get away. It didn't matter where, or how, she just wanted off the damn floor.

"Why didn't you just put me in your cot?" she complained to the silent man across from her, not even thinking of the implications the comment made in her frazzled state.

Her back was aching, despite Din's best attempts to make her comfortable, and her shattered collarbone was causing problems for her right arm. At first, it was too numb from the explosion to feel anything, but now that the nerves had somewhat regenerated, throbbing pain had flooded back into her systems.

"I needed to be able to get to you if you started seizing again; the bunk isn't big enough for that," he replied stiffly, more focused on polishing the end of his pulse rifle than talking to her.

She huffed in response, the exhaustion of her injuries forcing her eyes shut once more.

In truth, Din had become increasingly frustrated with the way she was treating him. Granted, he probably deserved the first few days of snappy comments and straight-up insults, but it had been a full week now and she was just as uncooperative as ever.

She could feel the pressure on her blaster wound fading as the day-old bandage stretched and moved out of place. It was a slow realization, but once the burning sensation returned, she found herself wincing loudly.

"Are you going to let me change your bandage without punching me this time?" he sighed, his helmet never leaving the silver pronged tip.

She shot him a glare, trying to examine the wound for herself. Her shirt had been long discarded, leaving her in her chest binding which thankfully covered her abdomen as well. A bloodied strip of fabric was tied across her body in a tight knot, holding her wound down until it could close completely. Bacta has seemed to help, but the fractured bone had punctured more arteries than the original shot did.

Feeling the throbbing start to intensify, she turned to Din in defeat, "Fine,"

He sighed in relief, masking it as one of exasperation as stood from the floor and went to retrieve more bandages. Evri watched as he walked down the long hall and over to a medpack attached to the wall by netting. He slid the small box out, crossing diagonally across the Crest and back to where she was in the corner.

He got on his knees and opened the kit, watching her carefully as she sat up a bit more. Her small hisses did not go unnoticed despite her attempts to hide them, and Din found his eyebrows furrowing in concern. Evri's condition had improved enough to take her off the ship and get her to an infirmary, but she still needed assistance in walking to the fresher and was barely sleeping. Progress was progress in his mind, and she had certainly pulled out of a very critical state, but she was still in a lot of pain.

He could heal her bruises and stop her bleeding, but there was nothing bacta could do for a shattered collarbone.

"Okay," he spoke softly, taking off his gloves in one swift motion and bringing his hands to the knot in her bandage. Evri's breath hitched at the contact, feeling his overwhelming warmth transfer to her clammy skin.

He felt her tense, and quickly asked for reassurance of his actions, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she said quickly, turning her head away from him and closing her eyes tightly. He sighed, continuing to undo the knot before gently unwrapping the blood-stained cloth from the source.

It fell limply onto her lap, the rest following after Din had unraveled it completely. He had gone around a couple of times to ensure the security of the bandage, thankfully succeeding enough to hold it in place for the night.