thīrtēēn

tw: sewing of a wound + very very brief mention of se*ual abuse (toward the end)

To say dragging a 200-pound metal man through long halls, down two staircases, and all the way back to the Crest was "difficult" was the understatement of the millennium. Thankfully, there didn't seem to be any more guards to kill. At least, if there were, they were nowhere to be found. Personally, if Evri heard her idiot employer being brutally murdered, she would bail too.

The path back to the Crest was the worst, given the countless eyes on them. The only saving grace was that Din was somewhat conscious by then, dragging his feet a bit as he leaned heavily into Evri. One of her arms was locked around his torso, the other securing his arm around her shoulders to keep him upright. If she had to help him off the floor again, which had already happened twice, she would have to resort to dragging him.

"Di'kut (idiot); you would think after all those squabbles with Paz you would learn how to dodge a blade," she huffed, her breath struggling to stabilize itself.

He mumbled something, but she was too relieved to see the Crest peeking out from the tree canopy. She sighed, finally letting her nervous chest fall. They had made it back. They had completed the job.

"The...droid," Din said, his voice still covered with layers of gruffness from his injury.

"I got it. Let me get you settled first." He nodded in response, following her up the small path and to the base of the ramp.

Rusty, the droid Mando had almost killed upon their arrival was still there, immediately turning in alarm to their presence.

"Oh my! You require medical service, sir!" it exclaimed, shuffling down the ramp and over to them. Evri instinctively stepped back, tugging Din with her to avoid a full-on fight. The last thing she needed was for him to tear a droid into scraps and injure himself further.

"No, no! That's okay. I'm a nurse and we really have to get going so thank you for the fuel! Have a good day!" she quickly explained, spitting out whatever words she could think of to get the stupid thing out of her way.

"Oh, of course! Safe travels to you!" it buzzed out happily, the previous shock in its voice disappearing almost entirely.

She didn't turn around to reply. She just focused on getting the big hunk of metal beside her into the Crest. When she saw the shut ramp, she groaned in annoyance.

"Din" she whispered, very aware of the droid still in earshot.

"Hm?" His head swiveled to the side, bumping her in the temple with all of its weight. She mumbled out an 'ouch', ignoring his borderline incoherent apology as she examined the vambrace currently thrown over her shoulders.

"Where the kriff is the button to open this thing?" she huffed, looking at the confusing series of buttons and red-blinking screen.

Without the strength to answer, Din lifted his gloved finger to where she was examining his vambrace, clicking the button just shy of her thumb and grunting as his arm fell once more. In an instant, the Crest's ramp started to lower, drawing Evri a couple of steps back. She waited until the roughed-up metal touched the ground before hurrying into the haul, dragging Din along with her. Her arms struggled as they tried to lower him gently onto the ground, propping him against a crate on the wall opposite of the cockpit ladder.

As soon as his butt hit the ground, she ran over to the panel on the back wall and pressed it, drawing the ramp up with a loud rumbling noise. She didn't wait for it to close all the way before running over to the ladder.

"I'll be right back," she yelled behind her, hoping to Manda he was still conscious.

It was her first priority to get them to complete safety. There was no telling what kind of trouble they could get into if more guards showed up to the Crest, or if another Imperial remnant somehow found out about their massacre. It would mean going on the run, constantly checking behind them for a raised blaster or a tracking fob - not to mention the fact that she would be fighting alone. If there was one thing she had learned about hunting with Mando, it was that she would do a lot to avoid getting a bounty on her head.