ēīghtēēn

tw: you know the drill: I give you nondescriptive bow chica wow wow ;)

After falling asleep in each other's arms, the day slipped into night and brought a slight breeze over the water. The sun had long since left the sky by the time Evri opened her eyes, met with the sight of Din's relaxed face. She smiled sleepy at his parted lips and quiet snoring, eagerly scooting closer to his chest. At the increase of contact, he stirred a bit, his shoulders shifting to settle further into her body.

She planted a chaste kiss into his chest. In all the time she had known him, she had never seen him so at peace, and never so sleepy. Even before he decided on bounty hunting for his career, Din was never a big sleeper. At the most, he would sleep for 6 hours before dragging himself out of bed and beginning the day. His time on the Crest had only made the habit worse, sometimes only supplying himself with 3 hours of sleep every 24 and dedicating the rest to his job.

In short, it was rare to see Din asleep for so long. Peaking her head over his back and towards the balcony, she could see the three small Naboo moons shining in the sky. The pale light danced across the gentle waves, creating a heavenly sight for anyone awake to see it. While her eyes were happy, her bare shoulders couldn't help but shiver at the cool air filling the room. When Din's body was blocking her's she could barely tell it was so cold; he probably couldn't feel it either given his overwhelming warmth.

"Evri," he mumbled, disturbed by her sudden movement.

She placed her head back against his chest and shooshed him, "Go back to sleep, cabur."

He grumbled, resting his cheek on her head and nuzzling into her hair. She let out a breath of air, a silent chuckle in response to his cuddly nature. Only she would ever know just how touch-starved Din was; he'd find excuses to touch her while they were out or on the Crest, adjusting her holster or guiding her with his hand on her lower back. It was cute, and unequivocally Din.

"You're cold," he said suddenly, and Evri realized he hadn't gone back to sleep after all.

She wiggled a little in his arms, drawing a deep chuckle from his chest.

"No I'm not; I have you," she insisted, but he only sighed.

"I should probably shut the balcony anyway." She was about to protest and ask him not to worry about it, but she knew he wouldn't go back to sleep before knowing they were fully locked in.

He started to get up, but she grabbed his arm with a laugh.

"What?"

"Din, you're naked," she continued to giggle, making him look down in slight embarrassment as he confirmed her statement. He cleared his throat before picking up his underwear and sliding them on.

Evri lifted the covers to her nose, sneakily looking him over as he shimmied them on and grabbed his helmet off the bench at the end of the bed. His back muscles flexed as he lifted his arms to slide the protective shield on, sending a different type of shiver down her spine.

He glanced over the balcony and double-checked the sides of the building for any sign of danger before pulling the double doors together. The gold-plated lock shook a bit when he latched it, prompting him to push against the door with all his force.

"Din!" Evri exclaimed, poking her head all the way out of the covers to glower at him.

His helmet turned to her as his shoulders shrugged.

"You're gonna break the door!" she protested again, this time less surprised and more just amused with the state of his dress. He seemed to pick up on her suppressed giggles and tilted his head.