25. Let's Meet Up

Kissing Nate was something I didn't know I needed. I hadn't stopped smiling, and neither had he. We stayed up way too late talking, playing video games and—of course—kissing. So much kissing.

"You sure your mom won't come in here?" We were laying in his bed and couldn't shake the thought of his mom busting into his room and catching us.

We weren't really doing anything. We were fully clothed, aside from our shoes, and hands stayed above the waist. But it was almost two in the morning. I should've been in bed. My own bed.

But I didn't want to leave. It had only been a few hours since that first kiss and yet being with him felt like something I'd been doing for so much longer.

Maybe it was the fact that I finally accepted what I'd been in denial about since he first walked into Cake Me Up.

He laughed, kissing my cheek. "Would you relax? I told you the last fifty-leven times you asked that she doesn't come in here."

"I haven't asked "fifty-leven" times," I huffed as I traced the design on his shirt with my finger. "Only four."

He smiled and suddenly our mouths were connected again, his tongue finding its way to mine. The low moan I let slip had him grinning against my lips.

He pulled away after a while, both of us breathing heavily. "You usually vibrate like this?"

My brows pinched together. "What?" Then I felt the vibration in the front pocket of my jeans. "Oh! That's my phone."

I fished it out, springing up into a sitting position when I read the notification. It was a reminder I set forever ago.

!! LAST DAY 4 BAKEAPALOOZA !!

Nate rested his chin on my shoulder as he read the message. "Man, we need to get serious," he said. "We can still use your aunt's bakery. We got all day."

I'd love nothing more than to spend the day baking with Nate, but that wasn't an option thanks to my dad. "I have to work."

"You need to tell your dad you hate that job," he said as he leaned back against the headboard, pulling me with him.

"Trust me, I've tried," I sighed, snuggling up to him. My eyelids suddenly became very heavy.

"Want me to talk to him?"

I scoffed. "No offense, but he'd kick your ass."

Nate gave me a look that screamed "bullshit".

"Don't let the nerdy attire fool you. He used to box as a kid." I'd heard stories from my grandma and Aunt Mimi, but had never seen any proof of it. My dad always seemed embarrassed when it was brought up.

"You tell me that now?" he said, eyes wide. "After I kept you out all night?"

I laughed at his worried expression and kissed him again. "But you're right. I need to focus on what I want and I want to win Bake-A-Palooza."

For that to happen, I needed an audition video and I couldn't let my dad stop me.

Getting up from the bed, I went to Nate's desk and grabbed a notebook and a pen. "We should map out what the video, so when we go to film we won't waste any more time."

Nate yawn, leaving the bed as well. "Don't you think we should get some sleep?"

"After I write the script."

He didn't argue with that as he left the room. From the sounds of it, he was in the bathroom. As wrote down the plans for the video, his phone lit up with a text.