Chapter 1

My room was a mess as I walked in, and the palismen came flying towards me happily. I had failed my uncle again to obtain the ingredients to open the portal, and now he has decided to replace me. I sat on my bed with the small, red palismen in my hands, and stoked his unfeathered head.

"I guess this is the end for me, huh?" I told him, "What am I going to do about this?"

I lay down on my back and stared up at the ceiling with the palismen landing on my stomach. The moon's light lit up the whole room, as I counted the tiles. The small palismen flew towards the window, and nudged me to follow him. I walked towards him, and he quickly turned into a staff. I caught it, and took the hint. I sat on the staff and began flying around the Boiling Isles. Everything seemed peaceful without Uncle Belos on my tail, and it felt nice.

"Thank you..," I said, quietly.

I was about to fly back when something caught my eye from the forest. I quickly landed and cautiously walked around in case someone came in and began attacking me. As I walked further into the forest I found myself in a beautiful lagoon. It had a bunch of flowers everywhere, like Cartiros (carnations) and even Risos (roses). I walked around so busy admiring how beautiful and peaceful everything was, that I didn't notice someone walking up behind me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

I turned around to find a tall green haired boy. He had bright golden eyes, and a mole on his left cheek. I pointed my staff at him to defend myself, and he put his hands up.

"Who the hell are you?!" I asked.

"Before I answer, can you put down the staff, please?" he asked, a bit fearful.

"Why should I?"

He looked around a bit before kneeling down and picking up a flower, my staff never leaving him.

"I have a defenseless flower on me, and if you don't put down the staff I will have to uh...pluck of it's petals!" he said.

I stared at him with confusion, as he held the flower. He then began pulling on one of the petals threatening to pull it out.

"Is that supposed to amuse me?" I said, not putting down the staff.

"Maybe, but do you really want me to pull it's petals off?" he said.

I thought about it for a moment, and decided to put down the staff. He didn't seem like a big threat if acted like a five year old. I could see him relax a bit, and put his hands down. He walked over to the lagoon and placed the flower in the water. I stared at the flower as it floated away.

"I literally thought you were going to kill me..." he said, staring at the flower as well.

I didn't want to engage in a conversation, so I began walking away. I could hear him get up as I walked away with how quiet the forest was. He didn't seem to follow me, but I could still feel his eyes on me. Once I was far enough from his sight I took off on my staff. When I got back to my room, careful not to make a sound, the palismen turned back, and followed me to bed. As I lay there I could only think about the beautiful lagoon and those golden eyes.

The next morning, I woke to baging on my bedroom door. I quickly got up and went to answer it. You guards stood outside with a few bags and suitcases.

"Emperor Belos has requested for your departure from the palace immediately, so you better hurry up and pack up," one of them explained.

"Wait what-"

"You heard the man, hurry up and get ready to leave!" the other said.

They both walked away, as I stood there in shock. Why the hell would my own uncle kick me out?! I stood there for a moment before taking the bags and suitcase inside. The small palismen came out of his hiding spot and landed on my shoulder. I could feel tears filling my eyes, as I stared at my room, or more like "was". I begin packing everything I hold dear, as well as making sure the small palismen was hidden under my coat, so they wouldn't see him, and headed over to the throne room. When I get there my uncle was sitting in his throne with Kikamora by his side. Even with a covered mouth I could tell she was smiling about my departure. I let out a small sigh, and waited for my uncle to begin talking.

"Hunter, for failing me one-to-many time I have assigned your depature from my palace permanently," he explained, calmly.

"Uncle, if I may defend myself-"

"No! You will leave imidediately! I can't deal with your failure anymore than I already have! Now leave!"

I flinched as he yelled, and quickly escorted myself out the throne room. As I walked to the exit I took in everything around me one last time. Like my uncle had said, I wouldn't be coming back here. I used the staff that uncle have given me, and flew off to find a place to stay. As I flew around, a small voice nudged me towards one specific place. I knew it was a bad idea, but it was the only place I knew off that might help me. I turned the staff around, and headed towards The Owl House. 

Hopefully you liked this! Have good day/nigth!!