Trembling Suspicions

THIS IS A LUSTMARE FANFIC, IT IS THE MAIN FOCUS, BUT THERE ARE OTHER MINOR SHIPS AS WELL.

THIS FIC ALSO INCLUDES ECTO-BODIES, SEXUAL THEMES SUCH AS ASSAULT, UNCONSENTED ADVANCEMENTS, MENTIONS OF PTSD/MENTAL ILLNESSES, AND HEAVY VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE. PLEASE ADVANCE WITH CAUTION.

×××

Did I hide it well enough though? I kept thinking that he somehow knew I was anxious about his reaction, and would do something to tear me to pieces.

He knows for sure. I don't know how, but he just knows that I noticed he was barely negative. How does he know?

Nevertheless, all of my worries speedily evaporated as the pale man smiled his tense yet gentle smile.

With a small bow, his soft eye pierced mine.

"I'd be honored to be welcomed into your home."

×××

"You live so high up..."

"Can't handle the steps?"

"I can handle it, just a bit... Winded."

I snickered upon hearing Nightmares feeble excuse. He was obviously tired. He was trying to hide the heavy breaths he was taking, but he ultimately failed.

"If you didn't walk me home every night after work you would've fallen apart after the second story, and we're only in the fifth!"

His eyes shot open. "What do you mean we're only on the fifth floor."

I stopped walking, and slowly turned around with a devious sneer, a glint in my eye. Nightmare's face fell.

"I live on the seventh floor, Night..."

The shorter man was silent for a long time, just staring straight though me, his face screaming pain.

"Fuck."

He then sweared as loud as he could in the most monotone voice. I wouldn't doubt it if some neighbours heard.

"PFF-"
I burst out laughing, not expecting him to suddenly cuss with such a straight face.

"I'm going to kill whoever built this place..." He shuffled past me, angrily mumbling.

I hopped up past him, quickly mentioning he had no idea which apartment was mine.

I was joking around a lot about how he was out of breath from barely walking up some stairs, but I soon felt pretty bad, since on the sixth floor he started to have a really bad coughing fit.

The coughing was so loud and abhorrent, that two different people came out from their apartments, the first being a prick and telling him to shut up, the second being much nicer, going over to the first person's apartment to have a 'chat' with them.

I soon heard muffled arguing, then items hitting the floor. Better not eavesdrop.

Nightmare was keeled over, a hand clasped over his mouth, his eyes shut tight. I desperately wanted to console him, but I really didn't know what to do.

However, my worried expression soon changed to curiosity, since I saw a droplet of some sort of thick substance leak between his fingers and splatter on the floor.

Shortly after, his coughing slowly started to die down, muttering a swear as he stared at his hand previously covering his mouth.

"You sure you're okay...? You coughed up some sort of... Goop..." I crouched down and squinted at said 'goop'. It was jet black, and uncomfortably shimmered under the wall lights, seemingly melting every second.