Protecting Emilia

The first thing Emilia wanted to do was to start studying to become the ruler of the kingdom. Tanjiro stayed inside her room, standing next to her with his hand on his holster. "If you want you can go do whatever you want. I'm just going to be studying for a while" Emilia told him. "I can't do that. As your knight, I need to stay by you and make sure nothing bad happens to you" Tanjiro told her. 

"Ok" Emilia said as she continue studying. After a while, her stomach began growling. "Sorry" Emilia told him. "It's no problem, want me to go get you something" Tanjiro told her. "Sure, a sandwich and some tea would be nice." Tanjiro left and went to the kitchen. Inside were the two maids and they turn to him when he enter. "Hello, I'm just here to get food for Emilia" Tanjiro said.

"What does she want?" the blue hair maid ask. "She wants a tea and a sandwich" Tanjiro said, getting some bread. The maid snatch it from him and said "I'll make it, you can just deliver it to her" she told him. Tanjiro stood in the side, realizing something. 'Her scent is suggesting that she doesn't trust me' Tanjiro said. 

The maid finish making the sandwich and tea, giving it to Tanjiro. Tanjiro thanked her and left. "Are you sure we can't trust him?" the pink hair maid ask. "I don't know sister. I feel something from him. It's not the witches scent, but he has another scent on him. A scent of an evil presence."

Tanjiro deliver the food to Emilia and she thanked him. "If you want we can go eat outside? I wouldn't mind going out to stretch my legs" Emilia told him. "Ok" Tanjiro said, as they went outside. They sat on a table in the garden. Emilia was eating her sandwich and began talking about her studies. "I'm sorry, I'm spending all this time talking about my studies " she said, embarrassed. "It's fine Emilia, I think everything you're talking about is very interesting" Tanjiro said.

"Thank you, but tell me things about you? What did you?" Emilia ask him. "Well, I'm the oldest of my family. I have five siblings, but I only have one now" Tanjiro said, remembering what happen to his family. "Oh, um, sorry you have to talk about that" Emilia said. "It's fine. I have my little sister, Nezuko. I also have amazing friends like Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanao, and Genya."

He then remember that Genya was dead, remembering what the crow said after the defeat of uppermoon one. "Um, who taught you your sword skills?" Emilia ask him. "I learn it from an old man name Urokodaki. I learn the Hinokami Kagura from my father."

"But what about you Emilia, you haven't talk about why your family" Tanjiro said. Emilia was silent, not wanting to talk about her past. "I don't really like talking about my past" she told him. "That's fine" Tanjiro said. They saw the time and realize it was time to go inside. "Well, I think it's time to go back to study. I don't get another break into an hour and a half."

They went inside and the pink hair maid was waiting for him. "I'm here as you requested miss Emilia" she said. "Hello Ram, I want you to teach Tanjiro about the language" Emilia said. "What!?" Tanjiro said. "I appreciate the things you do, but you need to learn our language if you're planning on being my knight."

Tanjiro follow Ram to his room where she had books on his desk. "Let's start with the basics" she said.

Time skip brought you by 

Tanjiro was sleeping for the night when he woke up in the black room again

Tanjiro was sleeping for the night when he woke up in the black room again. 'It's this place again' he said. He turn around and saw Muzan. "What do you want Muzan!?" Tanjiro shouted at him. "You're not even suppose to be here!"

Muzan chuckled and said "That's where you're wrong." He walked up to him, putting one hand on his shoulder. "I'm here, because you are me" Muzan said. Tanjiro woke up and said "Another nightmare about Muzan."

It was the next day and Tanjiro was standing next to Emilia, watching her study. "Tanjiro, I have a request for you" Emilia told him. "What is it?" he asked her. "I want you to go help the maids. Get to know them a little better" she told him. "Ok!" Tanjiro said. 'I need to earn their trust, so far it seems they don't trust me.'

Ram had order Tanjiro and her sister to go to the village and get some things. Tanjiro got to know everyone there. He played with the kids and they introduce him to their dog. Before Tanjiro pet it, he smelled something from it. 'This scent, it's saying that we should stay away from this dog' he said in his head. Before he got to ask the kids where they got the dog, Rem came to tell him it was time to go.

They were walking to the mansion and Tanjiro could smell that Rem still doesn't trust him. "I have a question Rem" Tanjiro told her. "What?" she asked. "Why do you feel sad?" he asked her, shocking her. "Even though you try to act like everything is fine, I can smell that you're sad. I know you don't trust me, but I can let you know you can."

"What do you know about being sad?" Rem said. "I lost my family years ago" he told her, shocking her. "I'm sorry" she said. "It's fine, I was able to avenge them not too long ago" Tanjiro said. He turn to her and said "I think you have a similar past like me. Did you and your sister lost your family as well?"

"We did, when we were little, but we were save from Lord Rodwaal" Rem told him. "It looks like we're not so different" Tanjiro said. 'This boy, he has suffer the same things as me, but he still keeps smiling' Rem said in her head. "What do you think about demons?" Rem asked him, shocking him. He remember all the demons he had killed just so they can find a cure for Nezuko. But he also remember why they became demons and he also remember good demons like Tamayo and Yorichi. 

"I think some are bad, but I also think their are good ones. I know deep down each demon are nice, and it was just something in their past that cause them to be what they are now" Tanjiro said. 

He turn to Rem and saw her smiling at him. 'Looks like we can trust him sister.' 

A/N: Thank you for reading. and I'm hope everyone is having a good day I'm surprise there aren't a lot of Demon Slayer x Re:Zero stories, so I decided to do one. Originally it was going to star Rengoku, but I decided to make him the star of the Demon Slayer x Highschool DxD story. But it doesn't mean he won't make an appearance :)