Kin

Summary: Techno's Blood family being everything I want but can't have in a family

A/N: Normal writing are his entries while italic are his memories.

Technoblade P.O.V

One of The last and happiest memories I have of my family was my 6th Birthday. Thinking back I wish I was able to have more moments like it but dwelling on the past won't do me any good. Despite it being a special day it has started like any other. Even though it was a long time ago I remember it's so clearly especially my mother's gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Techno, it's time to get up now," a gentle voice rang through the darkness. It was a familiar sound that I chose to ignore in favor of the peace the darkness provides. "I'm serious Techno," said the voice once more. Knowing that it wouldn't go away I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted by the sight of my mother in my torchlit bedroom standing beside the door. She had beautiful long golden hair, blue eyes, and wore a simple ankle-length black dress with gold and ruby earrings.

Lying in bed I stared at her blinking a couple of times wondering if she was home from her trip to the overworld or if I was still asleep."You sleep deeper than I remember," she giggled.  Slowly sitting up and pulling my blanket from my body I quickly got out of bed and rushed to give her a hug not caring if I was still dreaming. At my sudden movement, she opened her arms and let a warm smile spread across her face before lifting me into her arms and pulling me close. Her familiar smell of Lavender and iron was all I needed to know she was real.

"Welcome back mama. I missed you," I mumbled quietly still half asleep. "I missed you too my little Blue Star," She said as she lowered me to the ground and released me from her grasp. "You're really here!" I said looking up at her with a smile. "Of course I am," she said ruffling my already messy be hair," I promised you I'd be back in time for your birthday." I let out a giggle in response my smile growing wider than before.

"Your dad just started making breakfast so we have a bit off time to kill. Get dressed and meet me in the garden I have something to show you," she said excitedly before leaving my room. I ran to the chest in the corner of my room by my bookshelf to get a change of clothes. I ended up choosing a blue button-up and black pants. Quickly throwing on my clothes I grabbed a pair of boots and started putting them on as I stumbled out of my room not bothering with the laces. It wasn't the smartest idea at the time but I really wanted to know what my mother had gotten me.

Walking through the hallway I made it the stairs and slid down the rail. After walking down another hallway I made it to the living room and walked out the door. As soon as I was outside I saw my mom standing next to her flowers with a rather big crate. She smiled and gestured for me to come to her as soon as she spotted me. Stepping away from the door I ran towards her barely able to contain my excitement.

Just as I'd gotten to her and the box I tripped on my untied shoelaces and fell face-first into the dirt. "You ready to open it Blue Star?" She asked letting out a loud laugh while reaching out a hand to me. Grabbing her hand and pulling myself up I turned red with embarrassment letting out a small "yeah". My response caused her to laugh even more before ruffling my hair, "Do you need any help or do you think you can do it on your own?" "I'm a big kid now I can do it all by myself" I huffed full of pride much to my mother's amusement before pulling the lid off the crate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember the little speech I gave to my mom about being old enough to do things for myself. Despite it all, at the time I didn't believe that I was capable of opening the gift myself. I surprised myself quite a bit when I managed to open it. Up until that day I begged day in and day out for a dog. Although I didn't get exactly what I wanted a wolf was close enough for me. With how much effort she put into getting one neither I nor my dad had the heart to tell her otherwise. I ended up naming my wolf Carl. My dad's gift to me was just as amazing to me despite how simple it was.