do you?

❝You never thought you would come to hate the word marriage. It was supposed to be a celebration... instead, it became something that would haunt you for years to come. Standing tall had never been so difficult but you guessed things were going to be such now that you were tied to a certain Weasley.❞

PART 01 OF ARRANGED

PAIRING: George Weasley x fem!Reader

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The first chapter is finally here tada! To those who have read this series before; the plot is very similar but I've added some things, deleted some- reckon you would like to read it again. Enjoy!

WARNING(S): Breakdown, forced marriage, anxiety, talks of pregnancy.

WORD COUNT: 2,446

Marriage, as one may define, is a social or formal union between two  people that binds them economically and legally

Marriage, as one may define, is a social or formal union between two people that binds them economically and legally. The vedas said it connected two souls with thin red thread tying them together. To some it was a celebration of love, of happiness— to showcase the world that they had finally found someone they were willing to spend their whole lives with. It was a promise, a promise to cherish, to take care of one another through everything life threw at them. But to you, it was none of those things.

Voldermort hadn't taken long to overpower all ministry bodies when he finally got the chance. The 'pureblood' agenda was no laughing matter, he had gathered all families from the lineage of the sacred 28. Some gave in willingly, the ones who didn't were tortured until they did. He had announced that the bloodlines had to be purified, marriages between ones who were pure were to be conducted. Your father was a sharp man, he knew all that was to come— he hid and spied for the order until he was found.

Voldermort didn't suspect him at all, your family wasn't the one which took sides outwardly but had always supported muggleborns; except he didn't know that. The dark lord thought it would be proper to get you married to one of the Weasley boys, it would be easy for him to gain knowledge about any rebellions. Your father had protested, but was only given a choice between the red heads or Draco, your cousin you hadn't spoken to in 7 years. You had stopped him from revolting further fearing for his life.

And thus your marriage to George Weasley was finalized. With neither yours or Weasley's opinions taken into consideration.

You had met him exactly twice before the big day, once during the signing and the other, when your father had insisted on knowing the family before he could let you go. Both times he, like his siblings, had refused to even look at you, you sat in a tight corner as your dad talked to Molly and Arther, the only people in the family who understood the need to converse and the only ones who knew about your family's involvement in the order.

It pained you to watch George act like he did, you hadn't done anything wrong— or even spoken to him before. You had debated whether to let George in about your involvement with the order, especially your mission but you could only say much to someone who was set on hating you. He avoided you like the plague. Getting away the moment you got the chance to talk to him, avoiding your eyes. At some point you started to find the situation extremely humorous, he was running away from the person he was to be stuck with for the rest of his life.