questions, questions

❝Is not-fighting enough? Is caring enough? You did not know. All you knew was that things had changed for the better and that hope often ruined relationships too fragile. Being on tip-toes around George wasn't what you had expected but had received it anyway. And life had taught you how to make do with things.❞

PART 03 OF ARRANGED

PAIRING: George Weasley x fem!Reader

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hehe planned something good for this one, hoping you like it. Do tell me what you think!!

WARNING(S): Violence, blood, injuries, passing out, mentions of food and drink.

WORD COUNT: 3,606

Flattening out the skirt you wore, your eyes skimmed across your  surroundings

Flattening out the skirt you wore, your eyes skimmed across your surroundings. It was rather late, the sky had turned a darker blue. Shops had switched on their porch lights, people laughed and giggled around you. The cool drink on your table was quickly perspiring, dampening the table cloth below. You stared at the menu, your mind elsewhere.

Days had been happier lately. Somehow George and you had got even closer over the past week and a half. Jokes and lighthearted conversations were common, but he had also opened up to you as you did him. It made you giddy— talking to him. The inexpressible happiness that came with being near someone you clicked with.

It was just; easy being around him. Notice things he liked, what made him tick, what made him smile— the crinkle of his eyes before he would quip a joke. You spent more time outside your bedroom, often at the coffee table as George took up the couch. Growing fond of him wasn't something you had anticipated, but had definitely welcomed. The emptiness you felt at the apartment had now melted away, leaving behind laughs and uncertain emotions.

"Stay safe," George had whispered as you put on your shoes. He stood there, his arms folded looking at you nervously— you hadn't told him it was an important mission, but somehow he had picked it up. Perhaps you had been fidgeting with the toy he made for you far too much.

"I'm always cautious," you had said with a laugh, ignoring the way your heart fluttered at his words.

"Yes, and that's why you always come back with bad wounds," he replied then, deadpanning, making you grimace. "Just— take care." Rolling your eyes you left the house, feeling his concerned eyes at the back of your head.

A hand over yours broke you out of your reverie. Sebastian watched you with distress. You had been waiting at the pizzeria for over two hours now, sweat clung to your skin, it was difficult to keep smiling.

"This is not how it was supposed to go," he muttered under his breath, the slight grit in his jaw gave away the tenseness. You took a deep breath, covering his hands with yours trying not to appear how on edge you were.

According to the intel you received, Voldermort was to send a few death eaters to put a close Order member under the imperius curse for surveillance. The mission was simple, get to know who that Order member was to keep them under observation later. Except there was neither a death eater nor an intended victim in sight. The more the seconds ticked by, the more your frustration grew. Illusionment charms wouldn't last for more than an hour and the pretence of "muggles in love" was turning out harder to keep up.