Part 11 : Forest Trek

I apologize for the wait. For those that aren't aware and not looking at the announcements I made on my profile, I'll tell you. So, my school is doing something called hybrid learning where 3 out of 4 groups of students switch between going to school and learning at home which means slower updates. I hope that explains everything. 

It's been so long since last chapter that this story has gotten up to 2.1k reads since then...

Please point out any mistakes. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

------------------------------------------------

We've been walking for a bit now and we've entered the forest. Philrei decided to start up some conversation. I guess we're both bored already. 

"So, Akane, have you always lived in Saivas or did you come from outside the city." Philrei asked

"(Huh, Saivas must be the name of the city)Uh, I came from outside."

"So where are you from?"

"I'd rather not say."

"Huh, why not?"

"It's uhm.. complicated" I said

"Ok, how long have you been in the city? Do you like it so far?"

"I'm pretty sure, it's been nearly 4 weeks. I think the city's pretty nice, it's quite lively. Although, not as lively as where I'm from."

"So what about your family, are the here with you?" he asked

"..." I stayed silent for a bit

"Oh, did I bring something up sorry." Philrei frantically apologized

"It's fine. I really should be over it by now. They aren't in this world after all...(I mean that's technically the truth)"

"Ah... I'm sorry." he apologized again

"As I said, it's fine." I reminded him

We continue walking and we stumble across some wolves. They were pretty normal wolves. Light and dark grey fur, looks like a big dog. Nothing unusual, unlike all the other stuff that I have stumbled upon. 

"Wolves! Well, I should have really expected to see them this far in the forest. Akane, are you ready?"

"yes"

At my answer, Philrei charges at two of the wolves with the longsword strapped on the side of his waist. The rest of the six wolves are now left to me. 

"Akane, it's too dangerous to take all six of them on your own. Help me with these two and we can handle the rest together." He told me as he bats away one of the wolves with his sword

"You don't need to worry me, just pay attention to your own situation. I'll be fine." 

"But, you're completely outnumbered.."

When he finished his sentence I already casted my magic and skewered all six wolves with my ice spears. Philrei looks at me, amazed at my magic but he is snapped back to reality by the wolf lunging at him.

He dodges the wolf's path and slashed it's side. The other wolf took this time and jumped at Philrei while he was focused on the first wolf. I shot the wolf with ice bullets which caused dark red holes to appear on the wolf's belly as it was pushed back in the air.

Philrei managed to finish off the last wolf and he went to talk to me.

"How did you learn to do something like that?" he asked

"Magic? I said I was self taught." I reminded him

"Oh right. I really meant how you were able to do something so complicated but that kinda answers my question already."