☂ ⁰𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 ☂

2006

📍The Umbrella Academy

"Today you have been assigned a particularly dangerous mission", Reginald Hargreeves spoke walking in front of a group of 5 children in uniforms and masks. 

"It is of utmost importance that this is carried out successfully, failure will not be accepted.", he spoke stopping. "Now go on.", he said and the children scurried away. 

"Number Eight.", he said and a girl with h/c hair stopped and spun around.

"Yes, Father.", she said in a bored tone.

"It is your responsibility to make sure that your siblings remain safe, I don't want a repeat with what happened to number Six last month.", he said and she hung her head low. "do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand", she replied and he dismissed her.

Time skip to a few hours later

The door to the Academy was flung open as a blonde boy, known as Luther carried the s/c girl inside hurriedly.

"What happened.", Reginald asked as the girl was carried into the medical room and laid down on the bed.

"It's my fault.", a boy with dark brown hair, Klaus spoke. "I-I got distracted and she took the hit."

"I am unable to understand that how you all fail to keep each other safe, especially after the incident with number Six.", Reginald spoke in a harsh tone and a woman with blonde hair entered wearing gloves and a hospital gown.

"Is she gonna be okay?", Allison asked worried.

"We don't know yet.", Grace spoke calmly. "But you need to leave right now kids.", she said and the group turned around.

"Do you think she'll survive?", Reginald asked. 

"The injury has damaged her body too much, I don't think she'll make it.", the motherly figure replied after checking her vitals.

"Then we must resort to our only alternative.", the tall man said and walked out.

A minute later he re-entered the room with a vial with some unknown substance. He handed it to Grace and she injected it into the girl. Suddenly the injuries on her body start healing and the two adults stand back.

Present Day

Y/n 

𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. That's all I recall feeling, stranded in this darkness for I don't even know how long. At times I do hear voices, whispers of people calling my name. Voices of my siblings. The last memory I have of them is of that mission, the mission that changed my whole life. And now I'm waiting, trapped inside my own mind, trying to break free from these binds. Then suddenly I hear something.

"Y/n", a sweet voice says.

The sound of rain can be heard in the background, getting louder and louder by the second. All of a sudden I see a light.

I feel a soft touch on my face, someone's hand. 

"Oh sweetie how I wish you would come back.", I hear the familiar voice say again. 

"Mom?", I say opening my eyes. And there she was with a caring expression on her face sitting beside me on the bed. I don't wait for her response and engulf her in a hug.

"I missed you.", I say as she caressed my head lovingly and kissed my forehead.

"I missed you too, now come along we must give the good news to Pogo and your father. They've been worried about you.", she said placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Father, was worried about me?", I say furrowing my eyebrows and scrunching my nose. There was no way that Sir Reginald Hargreeves was worried. 

 "Of course, he would visit you everyday.", she said and we walked out of the room.

 As we walked out I noticed pictures hanging around the room of me and the others.

'Don't remember those', I thought to myself. 

Along with the pictures there were bouquets and a note saying 'We miss you'. I guess my siblings must have turned it into some sort of shrine. Sweet gesture.

As we walked down the hall I noticed all the other bedrooms closed shut, and the whole house pretty quite. This was not unusual of course because of our 'Father', but still some voices could always be heard. I just shrug it off thinking they must have gone on a mission. We finally reached Father's office and knocked.

"Come in", he said and we walked in. There he was sitting on the chair on front of his desk writing in his journal like always. The room had not changed at all , everything was in its position like before.

"Number Eight.", he said looking up. "You're finally awake.", he said with a look of disbelief.

"Greetings Father.", I said bowing a bit. 

"Well looks like the observations I made were correct.", he says

'Observations? Of course that's why he would visit me. Idiotic of me to think he cared'

"Well, I expect you to continue training with your powers from today itself. You must have fallen behind.", he continued.

'Bitch I just woke up from a coma that lasted I don't know how many months and you want me to train?! Na-ah I'm gonna catch up on the time I missed with my siblings'

" Come on now, you can go", he says and we leave.

'That asshole'

"Master Y/n?", I heard Pogo say from behind me.

"Pogo!", I exclaimed turning around to hug him.

"It was lonely here in the academy, I'm happy to see that there will be some life here after so long", he said pulling back.

"What do you mean?", I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "What about the others? Have they gone on a mission or something?"

"I'm afraid that's not the case.", he said. "You might want to sit down for this."

┌───── •✧✧• ─────┐

Word Count: 947 words

Published: 23/11/2021

└───── •✧✧• ─────┘