27 - Nationals Day 1 | Seeing Sakusa!

A/N: finally a real chapter lmfao

After a restless sleep, it was finally morning. Day 1 of nationals. Well, I guess you could actually call it "Day 0" since there weren't any games until tomorrow. But the official name was Day 1. 

Today we were meeting up with the rest of the teams in the gymnasium, to line up as representatives for the crowd. I was excited for the boys. It was their first nationals, and Karasuno's first in years. 

After the quickest change of clothes, the quickest brushing hair and teeth, and the quickest breakfast, I was finally ready.

Until I realized it was only 5 in the morning. The bus didn't leave until six to the gymnasium. Yes, everyone else was awake, but they were groggy and barely dressed.

"Y/N, you do know we leave-"

"Yeah...I know I know." I sigh, a pout settling on my face. 

Didn't have to tell me twice. I was tired as hell and got up early for no absolute reason. I decided to text Sakusa, hoping he'd be awake.

Sakusa

ded chat ecks dee

what

oh ur awake
i was just saying we haven't
talked one on one in a while
it's just been on the gc

oh. yeah

anhyawas
anwyes
anywasy
ayways
anyways-

my god

why are you awake 

i could ask you the same thing

i thought we were leaving early so
i woke up early but then I realized i
woke up too early

lmao

stoppppp
now why are you awake

couldn't sleep

rly? go sleep now

no dumbass we leave in like
an hour.

oh right

stupid
i can tolerate you though

ahh <33
thank you
even aster cant tolerate me at this point

lmao
ok im getting breakfast

hey wait wanna meet up?

you haven't eaten already?

well i have but i want a cinnamon roll
know any good places?

yeah but i cant go with you

aww why

i have shit to do
besides i'll see you in an hour

fineeeeee

~*~*~

I was sad that Sakusa wasn't going to be coming with me. That was kinda the purpose of me wanting to get breakfast. So I decided to hold off on the cinnamon roll place. There were still a good 45 minutes until we left. 

Why did they all have to meet up at the gym? And stand in front of the crowds to wave, and cheer? Why can't it just be us and them? How it used to be? Why must they go out to the world? When they can just compete, and get it over with? Why? Why are they more devoted then I am? Why...can't I be more like them? Why? It's because... they're truly in love with volleyball. (A/N: kinda got off track here, this part is based off a monologue I wrote last year, sorry i needed a longer chapter lmao)

40 minutes - I was stuck helping Tsukishima trying to put his rental bike back in it's rack.

35 minutes - Making breakfast for Hinata and Yamaguchi, since I was too afraid of them burning the house down (although Yams can probably cook fine)

30 minutes - Tossing to Kageyama in the room, before getting yelled at Daichi for almost breaking a lamp

25 minutes - Rewatching the 'I'm Awesome' videos with Asahi, Tanaka, and Nishinoya

20 minutes - Suga trying to help me study, but I failed miserably

15 minutes - Attempting to call Sakusa but he didn't pick up (He was busy)

10 minutes - Packing up the manager's stuff and loading it into the bus

5 minutes - Pushing everyone outside into the bus.

~*~*~

Finally. I was able to find myself useful to my teammates in the 45 minutes we had. Once everyone was seated in the bus, we drove off.

"Ahh I'm so excited." I jump in my seat - since I was sitting alone.

During the bus ride, Noya and Tanaka had decided to start a '100 bottle of beer on the wall' chain. It went on until about 93 when Daichi got pissed and told everyone to shut up.

The bus ride was less than 10 minutes, since the gym was fairly close.

The minute we walked inside, I could feel the carefree atmosphere appear. People were chatting, old friends meeting up again, new friends greeting others, the whole deal.

Even Tanaka knew someone - and she was a girl.

"Hey Kageyama! Oh and Y/N too!" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me.

"Oh, hello Komori." I whip around to see Kageyama greeting the libero.

"KOMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" I yell, running to the surprised boy. He returned my last minute hug, laughing loudly.

"Where's Sakusa-san?" Kageyama asked.

"Sakusa's over there. He hates crowds." I turn to where Komori was pointing, time slowly stopping.

There he was, standing awkwardly in the corner being his germaphobe self. I couldn't stop myself from dashing to him, no matter how many people I nearly crashed into.

"Kiyoomi!" Sakusa looks up confused, only to see me in his arms.

I don't care how many people were giving us weird looks. I don't care if he's a germaphobe. I don't care if I was 'embarrassing' myself.

As long as I was with him again, everything was fine.

A/N: I DID IT I FINISHED THE CHAPTERLSJKFDLKSJFLDJF

also the next chapters will be slightly longer, they make take longer to get out too