Chapter 10 - Blackmail Sucks

Kaneki Pov

When I awoke it was to the stinging cold of a bucket of water.

It took only a heartbeat for me to realise I was chained to a wall dripping wet in a dark room with a shadowy figure standing in front of me.

It took another heartbeat for the fear to hit me, the cold feeling of terror that gripped at my heart and paused any sound from escaping my throat. I remembered what had happened, Uta arranging a meeting with Tatara only for us to be ambushed when we arrived.

The shadowy figure stepped into the light revealing his face. I sucked in a startled breath as I registered the sight that awaited me. Even as fear flowed through me I put on a mask of perfect calm, Who knew what the enemy would do if I showed weakness.

"Kaneki Ken... I want you to do a small job for me..." I glared at the man letting my displeasure speak for itself. If he wanted me to do something for him, knocking me out and kidnapping me is not the best way to do it. I tried to unleash my kagune only to discover I couldn't, Something was stopping me from using the predatory organ.

The man in front of me looked at me with amusement glittering in his dark eyes, obviously enjoying my current situation.

"Come now, Don't look at me like that... After all, it would be such a pity to have to kill them." I felt myself tense up sucking in a sharp breath. A million scenarios flashed through my mind, some including my classmates, some including my ghoul friends, all of them ended up with someone dead.

The room suddenly lit up as a screen on the far wall turned on displaying an image of an obviously terrified Himani and an unconscious Uta both tied together in a room similar to the one I was currently in.

I felt rage boil up inside me. It was one thing to threaten my life, but threatening the lives of those I cared about was an entirely different story. My glare intensified tenfold even as I tugged harshly on the chain attempting to break free.

"Don't worry I haven't done anything to them... Yet." I stopped struggling, choosing to glare at him in a silent warning. If he touched them not even the fires of hell could stop me from ripping out his heart as revenge.

"What do you want?" My voice was dark, full of barely contained rage. The figure merely smiled at me unfazed in the slightest, but underneath that smile was a growing unease. I could feel the change in atmosphere as he dropped the smile.

"I want you to do two things for me." I narrowed my eyes at that, I couldn't refuse not with Hinami's life on the line.

"1. I want you to give me information on the CCG and what they are planning." I felt myself tense up, could I really betray the CCG that easily. It wasn't the same as helping the ghouls avoid the CCG. This could be directly aiding in their demise.

"2. I want you to give a message to your teacher for me" He waved a piece of paper in the air. "Also if you try to read the contents of this message I will kill your friends here without a second thought!" He added brightly on the end.

The second demand would be easy so with a nod of my head and a word of agreement I sealed my fate.

He released me from the chains wearily even as I made no sign of attacking. "I will release your friends now but don't think that you can get out of our deal. I have injected a small explosive in both their necks that I can detonate at any time. If you try and dig it out you will have to cut through major arteries ensuing their deaths!"

I had expected that there would be something he would do to keep me in line but implanting an explosive in the two didn't cross my mind, especially an explosive I couldn't remove without killing them.