Prologue

A/N: Okay, so I was writing Ch. 28 of the temple when I was suddenly struck with so much excitement over revisiting the world I created in this baby project of mine from a decade ago. Because of Jessie's awesomeness (I love you, @JL4883!) in encouraging me to publish it, here it is. Hehe. Ummm.. just check this out and let me know what you think. Your comments will let me know if I should continue with this or not. So yeah... >_>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her footsteps were as light as flower petals falling. Soft, long, white robes whispered with the night winds. She was a beautiful creature who seemed to float towards the tallest open window of the temple with an orb of bright white light cupped in the palm of her hands. She raised her arms and offered the orb to the moon to give light to the night. She smiled, knowing she has given another gift to humankind. She is one of the spirits, very powerful beings that have superiority and control over nature’s elements and forces, and they are responsible for the welfare of mankind. And she who walks the night is Gaia, the sole spirit of heaven and the highest of all.

Humans call it Kelvana, a massive island in the Green Star, but the spiritual beings call it home. Large temples in an array of colors from the purest of white to the darkest of black stood proudly on mountaintops, forests and fields. Crystal clear, blue waters run throughout the rivers of Kelvana and out into the ocean. The greenest of forests scattered all throughout the island. And all these unsurpassed beauty are wrapped in an enchanted mist that allows no mortal eyes to see the mysteries within and holds off human presence as well.

Thousands of seasons passed, as humans continue to inhabit the Green Star, Kelvana remained untouched by mortal hands. Humans are aware of the existence of the spiritual beings and they show their respect to them in their own mortal ways and in return, the spirits shower the Green Star with blessings and gifts. But after all these time of seclusion, Gaia decided to open the sacred island of Kelvana to allow humans to live there alongside the spirits.

However, not everyone accepted the decision. Some were ill-graced and in the midst of them all was the superior spirit of earth, Raven. He strongly opposed Gaia and succeeded in persuading some of the superior and inferior spirits to join his cause. Gaia and her supporters stood their ground and so did Raven and his side.

The conflict escalated and the once glorious beauty of Kelvana was spoiled by the hands of the spiritual beings themselves. The clash of the spirits resounded all throughout Green Star and Gaia watched in horror as humans were killed when some of the spirits took their battles out of Kelvana into nearby islands.

The clash continued for many years and was known all throughout history as the Divine War. Humans lived in fear and sorrow. Spirits lived in dispute and destruction. Both superior and inferior spirits were wounded in battle and Gaia could no longer take the pain her kind has caused Kelvana, the humans and the whole of Green Star. She will face Raven to end things once and for all.

Azura, the inferior spirit of the rivers and dearest to Gaia as a child is to a mother, was fighting against the superior spirit of fire, Pyra. She was badly wounded and losing against the strong flames. Gaia saw her and ran to her aid when she saw Raven attacked Azura from behind. She heard her scream before she fell on the ground, a lifeless entity. Gaia felt the breaking of the bond. A spirit ending another spirit’s life. She remained rooted to the spot and more grief filled her that she let out a scream that echoed everywhere and a single stream of bright red light towards the sky that was seen at the far ends of the world. Humans cowered in their hiding places as the world was enveloped in red lights. The spirits stopped and looked up at the bright light that emitted the most fearsome aura of rage. And they felt fear when they saw Gaia afloat within the stream of bright red light.