Chapter 1

Authors note - Thank you my friend bug for helping me with grammar I owe you one :) Also this is very badly written due to me doing it during school most of the time or at 3 am I'm just some greasy teenage boy don't expect a masterpiece (also thanks Grammarly) <3

Sal was in the elevator riding down to the basement to go hang out with his friend Larry. The keycard He used to get down to the basement was pretty busted up and barely worked due to how frequently he used it. The door opened and he walked out of the elevator just walking into Larry's place without knocking. Sal was used to just walking in since he basically lived there part-time at this point. He opened up the door to Larry's room and was hit with a disgusting smell. His room usually stunk but today it had managed to somehow get worse. He didn't even wanna think about what it would be like if he didn't have his mask on. There were dirty clothes on the floor and old cups and silverware. There were empty monster cans that he hadn't cleaned out sitting on his dresser and murky paint water near his easel. It looked as though some of the cups were starting to have their own little ecosystem with the amount of mold.

"Oh hey, Sally face," Larry said he was working on a painting and had his hair up in a bun. There was paint on his hands and his hair was greasy. He was wearing a Korn shirt, baggy jeans, and a couple necklaces, one of which was from his mom before she died. He wore it every day to remember her; He also didn't have shoes on.

"Hey Larry face, it smells like shit in here," he said, spraying a bit of Febreze he found on top of Larry's dresser like that would do anything. The Febreze made the scent semi tolerable but it still stunk.

"It does? It smells pretty normal to me, ''Larry said as he kept painting. He was painting a sky with some trees. It was quite basic for him but he enjoyed painting simple things as it helped calm him down. He was so used to the stench of his room he hadn't noticed how bad it had gotten.

"It smells like weed and foot fungus," he said before shrugging and giving up on trying to fix it, setting the Febreze down "Anyways do you wanna catch up on the new episode of that crime show," he said sitting in the beanbag chair. Surprisingly there weren't dirty clothes piled up on it unlike the rest of Larry's room.

"Yeah sure sounds good," he said, putting down his painting supplies. "I'll finish this up later." He put his paint brushes back into the cup of dirty paint water and sat down next to Sal in front of the tv. Sal grabbed the remote, turning the show on and they just sat there and watched tv together.

--An hour later--

They had ordered pizza and invited Ash over. Sal and Larry had eaten a large pizza and were eating another medium pizza. Ash didn't eat since she had already eaten before she left. They were listening to Sanity Falls and could barely hear each other talking but they were having a ton of fun trying to decode what everyone was saying. Then ash's phone ran and she picked it up

"I have to go. I forgot to do the dishes and my parents are pissed," Ash said, getting up from where she was sitting and grabbing her purse that she brought everywhere.

"Good luck, We can hang out again tomorrow maybe," Sal said before stuffing his face with more pizza.

"Yeah sounds good maybe we can invite Todd and Neil also," Ash said

"And have them be all lovey-dovey? No thanks" Larry said jokingly causing them all to laugh "Well bye Ash see ya"

They all said bye and Ash left driving away on her motorcycle.

"I think I'm gonna head back up to my place," Sal said as he stood up stretching hooking back on the bottom clasps on his mask that he had unhooked to eat.