Chapter Ten

"Wait, so your mom knows about you being Stargirl and Pat's past now?" Dinah asked the next morning as she drove with Courtney to school, Courtney filling her in on what had happened the previous night.

"Yeah. She's not happy at all. She kicked Pat out."

"Dang." Dinah said letting out a long breath.

"Yeah. Oh and Henry approached me this morning."

"About what?"

"He told me he had a lot to tell me and he went to grab my shoulder and I saw all his memories. His mom was my dad's sister. Henry and I are cousins Di. He also said Jordan has my staff and his dad and that his dad can't remember anything after his mom died."

"Wow. That is...a lot." Dinah said.

"I want to officially recruit him for the team."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. He wants to save his dad. He believes his mom was starting to change his dad for the better and that's why Jordan killed her."

"I mean I'm all for him joining. He seems like a good guy. But everyone else is not going to be happy."

"Way to go Court. You've just given away our identities to the enemy." Rick said later that day at lunch.

"Henry's not the enemy." Courtney responded.

"Yes he is." Yolonda said.

"Look, if it helps, she didn't tell me anything. I read her mind." Henry said.

"Which he's not going to do anymore." Courtney added.

"That's only polite." Beth responded.

"Listen, my mom wants me and her to leave town today. Forever. But if we find the staff and are able to stop the ISA, maybe we can not only save the town but my mom and Pat also."

"And save his dad?" Rick asked, jerking a finger toward Henry. "If Brainwave gets his memories back, he'll kill you first, then us. He'll figure out our identities unless Junior here gives us up first."

"Rick." Dinah warned.

"I'm not telling anybody anything." Henry said lowly.

"We all know that we should find Brainwave and that when we do, we should break him in two while we can."

Henry looked at Rick. "You're not going to hurt my dad."

"Yeah? Try and stop me."

"Rick." Dinah said, grabbing his arm, only for him to shake out of her hold. "Rick!"

"How about you try right now?"

"Rick! Stop!" Dinah said once again.

"Sit down." Henry said.

"Stand up." Rick retorted.

Rick was suddenly thrown back by his lunch tray as Henry hit him with a telekinetic blast.

Everyone turned to look at the group.

"No worries. Ignore us like you usually do." Beth said.

"I told you to stay away, to not touch my friends. You know what I'll do to you." Yolonda said to Henry as she stood up.

"Hey! Save it for the bad guys." Courtney said.

"He is the bad guy!" Yolonda responded.

"No way I'm working with him." Rick said as he walked up.