Chapter Ten

Seulgi could hear Irene's cries from down the hall. She felt truly horrible for her. For the years she had been married to Sanghoon, she never felt happiness unless it came to her clothes. Other than that, she never felt happy in that damned relationship.

Click

Irene sat up quickly once she heard the door open. "Seulgi, you're not supposed to be in here.." Irene said, wiping her tears. "Please, make an acception this one time, Mrs. Bae." Seulgi said as she sat on the floor next to Irene.

"So, would you like to tell me what happened here..?" Seulgi asked, rubbing Irene's shoulder. "I-I don't knooow, I just came in here, and i-it's all ruined!" Irene sobbed the last part of her sentence, falling onto the floor again.

"What has he done to this poor woman?" Seulgi questioned herself in her head, rubbing Irene's back.

"He'll regret it all one day, Mrs. Bae. He'll regret this and all he's ever done to you." Seulgi said coldly. Instead of paying attention to what Seulgi was saying, all Irene could do was sob.

"Thank you, Seulgi." Irene said, hugging Seulgi. The pair sat on the floor hugging each other for a few minutes until they heard a click and a slam. Sanghoon was here.

"Mrs. Bae, go to the sewing room and pretend you're making something, anything- and I'll make it look like I'm cleaning. Go before he comes up here!" Seulgi whisper-yelled to Irene, the older woman standing up quickly and leaving the room.

Seulgi sighed, grabbing the broom and sweeping everything into a huge pile. She was irritated with Sanghoon, she knew this was his doing. He would always do this.

Once he got upset with Irene or was jealous of her, he would go on a rampage. Breaking lamps, shattering windows, smashing plates onto the ground- these were all ways he took out his anger. And occasionally, he'd hit Irene.

"Why, what happened here Ms. Kang?" Sanghoon asked, smirking at he saw Seulgi sweeping the marble floor. Seulgi stayed quiet. "Thank you for cleaning it, Ms. Kang." Sanghoon thanked, Seulgi nodding as she continued to clean the mess.

"Do you know where Irene is? I was planning on organizing a date for the two of us today." Sanghoon said as he walked to his closet, taking careful steps so that he didn't step on the ripped up clothes scattered across the floor. He looked at the clothes as if they were disgusting mud puddles that he had to avoid stepping on. He looked down on the clothing line a lot.

"But, I'm torn between what I should wear. I got a new suit last week, but I also think this one is nice." Sanghoon said, grabbing a clothes hanger with a velvet suit hanging from it. "What do you think, Ms. Kang?" Sanghoon asked.

"Don't ignore me, Ms. Kang." Sanghoon said after a few seconds, growing irritated already.

"I'm the one who gives you your pay checks, so you better answer me now unless you don't want to get paid-"

Smack