Meeting Piper Locke

(Title was suggested by kittycats4lifee )

When Yasmina was younger she and her sister went to Texas for their father's funeral. She barely knew him since he was always had a better connection with her older sister June who was always seen as the perfect child in his eyes. Barely noticing her at all it was always "Why can't you be like your sister." Her self worth was damaged by her father's words. June would comfort her and not care about what her father did to her in the process of comforting Yasmina.

She and her sister have a strong bond. Even though you wouldn't think they would because of how their father favored June over Yasmina.

"Yaz do think you will miss dad?" June asked quietly. "Not really." The younger girl replied as June pulled the truck into the parking lot at the church. "He never supported me when I needed him the most, he favored you over me when mom died." Yaz continued. "Yeah he was an ashole but atleast he's gone now." June replied

When they entered the church Yasmina and June put on fake expressions. Those who mourned him never knew of what really happened to the girls.

(2 hours after the service and burial)

As they walked the streets near the hotel they were staying at June heard a familiar dark, deep, and yet also feminine voice one that made her feel safe from everything that could hurt her.

"June? Is that really you I haven't seen you in years." June blushed as she turned around she smiled softly. The owner of the voice was a woman around the same age as June with amber eyes, dark blue hair and pale skin. "Hey Piper." June replied as she walked up to her and hugged her. "How have you been. And how's Brooklynn?" June asked. "She's been well. Still keeping up her YouTube channel. But I missed you Junebug." Piper replied.

Yasmina tilted her head in confusion as she walked towards them "Who is this?" Piper asked when she saw her "Oh yeah this is my little sister Yasmina. Yaz this is Piper Locke my best friend you met before but when you were younger." June replied. As Piper knelled down and reached a hand out for her to shake. Yasmina flinched and hid behind June who reached back and stroked her hair. "Yaz it's okay you don't have to shake her hand." June told her. Yaz started to shake as she now took in the scar on Piper's face and the intense amber of her eyes.

When Piper saw her reaction she backed away from her. She covered her scar with her hoodie. "Yeah I know my scars may be scary but I'm a good person, and loyal to my friends." Piper said a little bit of a smile played on her lips. "That's actually how I got the one on my face."

"Oh Piper. I need to ask you about something later." June told the bluenette. "Sure I'll call you later." Piper replied as she got up and walked away.