Sammy

(5 years later) (every chapter after this is five years after the events of chapters one and two)

Brooklynn was almost ready to go on stage, but she was scared. She looked over at a girl who used a wheelchair and whispered, "Can you please come on stage with me, Sammy? I never did this without you."

"You know I can't, Brooklynn. Hey, look at me. You're going to do great. If you fail, then rise like a Phoenix from the ashes." Sammy whispered to the pink-haired girl as Brooklynn made her way onto the stage.

A slight frown etched itself on Sammy's face. She grabbed her leg as her fingernails dug into her flesh, drawing blood, but she couldn't feel it, which was the worst part. She wanted to feel pain, walk again, play on stage with her best friend again, but that was what she could never do again. She let out a scream of sheer agony until she finally broke down in tears.

Sammy was the daughter of one of Brooklynn and Piper's dad's friends. She used to go on stage with her and sing with her. But after an accident left Sammy paralyzed from the waist down, she stopped going on stage with Brooklynn. So the audience didn't have to look at her scars and wheelchair.

Brooklynn's performance went off without a hitch. Everything was perfect except she wasn't with her friend who needed her the most. Sammy was in the back, wanting to feel something. As she moved her wheelchair out into the open area of the hall, she bumped into someone. "Sorry," Sammy whispered as she tried to get around the person blocking her way. "Wait. Are you Sammy Gutierrez?" A voice asked, warm and sweet like a melody she and Brooklynn used to sing. "Yes, why do you ask?" Sammy replied, stopping waiting to hear insults from the person. "I heard about the accident. I'm sorry that happened to you." The woman replied. The car accident that ruined her music career was burned into her memory. Sammy turned around and saw a girl around the age of 20 with brown hair in a ponytail, light skin, and toned muscles. "Let me guess. You want an autograph from Brooklynn?" Sammy asked. The girl shook her head and led Sammy aside. "Then what do you want from me?" Sammy asked.