Chapter 21: Box

'Freedom is never free.'

- Anonymous

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Jimin's POV:

Uh. Am I a soldier? I'm a soldier. Yes, these clothes literally scream soldier. But, I must've survived the war because well, I'm holding a weapon and I feel disgusting.

You know what's funny though, I'm awake? And I'm standing, I appeared here standing. On my two feet. Weird.

"Park Jimin, hello?"

"Park, are you day dreaming of your future girlfriend? Come on, don't worry. Sweet Y/N will propose soon."

"Jung Hoseok! What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing."

"Everything."

"Huh, what?" I say, barely noticing what they said beforehand.

"Come on, I know where we are. It's an old tale, one of the first ones to be specific," Hoseok informs, lightly flicking my forehead as if he's a strict parent. I really dislike this version of him, please bring back sunny with a chance of clouds, not rainy with a chance of lightning.

"Okay so Park, we're going to have to await a witch and she should be coming pretty soon," He explains further, looking out around the trees. I think I've found my new appreciation for forest scenery.

"A witch you say? Well then, how about that woman that's walking right to us-"

"Hello dear. Oh my, you three are soldiers?" The old, not my type witch asks, her bottom lip hanging down low.

"Ah yes! These two are soldiers and," She looks down at her attire, as she looks quite average. Dirty white clothing with plain black shoes.

"I'm this man's sister," She says, holding my hand. She thinks quite fast, I'm impressed. She really did do well without me.

"Really? What a fine sword and knapsack you have there," She says, looking at the side of my waste wear the weapon sits.

"Thanks?"

She looks us up and down, evaluating us. Creepy much?

"What a beautiful young lady you are," She states, and well, that's not a lie. This gives me Little Red Riding Hood vibes though.

"And now, you're going to have as much money as you want!"

Ma'am. Excuse me?

"What do you mean? You going to tell us lottery numbers or something?" I ask, pretty intrigued.

"Jimin, she's a witch, remember that," Hoseok quickly whispers while she's busy with Y/N.

Right. Witch. And probably not a good one. Is she going to trick us? Oh wait, hold on, notes. Let's see if we can find one.

Y/N stalls a bit, as I look in my pocket to find a small slip once again. Is it the correct one? Okay it is. I open it up to reveal the glossy black ink on the matte bright white paper.