2 - ruined

Right there, by the door, was the person who was about to ruin it all.

"Heyyyyy" Kayla comes closer, hugging and kissing my cheek at the same time.

"I can't-hic- believe that -hic- you are turning 19!" She smiles reeking of alcohol and probably something more, and takes a step back.

Her eyes open wide eyeing every single inch of me, making me feel conscious all of the sudden.

"You look so perfect" she smiles and grabs my shoulder. "Those boots -hic- were made for you" she whispers making me jump.

Now, this is where I gain conscience.

"Where the fuck is Alice?" I take a step back.
Everyone's eyes were on me, not surprising, considering I spoke loudly.

"-hic- she's uhh" she looks at the door.

"Alice is.." she starts. "I don't know" Kayla laughs loudly. "I-hic- have no idea where she -hic- is!" Now her eyes start tearing up,

Suddenly I feel a hand on my arm.

"Bil is everything alright?" Finneas asks me looking at Kayla's unstable steps. I don't say anything, but only nod to him in assurance.

But the truth is that everything is not alright.

"Oh! She said that she was going to -hic- Theo's house" Kayla mumbles.

This is bad. WHAT IS ALICE'S PROBLEM? Leaving her own girlfriend to trash my party, and then going to my ex's house? I don't even know if what Kayla's saying is true, but if it is, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I don't say anything back, but take a glance to a shocked Timothée who clearly understood the situation.

He walks towards me and whispers.
"Can I help you get some fresh air?"

Thankfully he knows me too well.

"Yes please" is all I say before leaving the house with him, ignoring Kayla's drunk words and Finneas' questions.

....

"Why do I have such bad luck?"  My eyes tear up, staring up to the full moon that shines brightly in the middle of the night.

Still in our fancy outfits, we sit at the swings on the kid's park. He takes a moment to punch my arm.

"Don't say that" he chuckles.

"What's happening to you and Alice is normal for every single teen moving out of their parents home"

I know he talks out of experience. A long time ago, Timothée moved out of his parents house to pursue his dream of becoming an actor, something his family couldn't understand. It took a couple of years and a lot of effort to buy an apartment on LA (without having to share it, of course). He struggled a lot with acceptance from his past friends, but thankfully we met and I have introduced him to actually nice people.

"I know" I sigh, looking up. "It's just.. sometimes Alice gets on my fucking nerves, ya know?"

He laughs at my words. "I don't know her as well as you do, but going to Theo's house, especially today, was a shitty move"

Alice is an .. interesting girl. Sometimes nice, but sometimes oblivious to important stuff. The fact that she has Kayla as her girlfriend does say a lot.

As I was about to drag this bitch down again, someone comes up to us.

My first instinct is to grab onto Timothée, getting up instantly. I mean, we're in the middle of the night, someone might as well kidnap us.

"Jeez, sorry" the voice says stepping closer. "I didn't mean to scare you" they say, now the street light on top of them making us see them clearly. Their face, somewhat calm yet still obviously tired is looking directly at us. The deep brown eyes do not escape mine.

"Then what the fuck was that" my impulse got the best of me.

"Damn, calm down" they chuckled, " I was about to tell you guys that around this hour some guys come to rob people" they say as if that was totally normal and not scary as shit.

"Then why are you out here?" Tim asks, still holding me close.

They shrug off before answering "It's hard to sleep with you talking next to my window"

We definitely were not that loud. Besides, this is a public park!

"Okay my beloved president" my ass says. "Sorry for disturbing your sleep"

They give a faint smile, as they notice me grabbing my phone that I had dropped on the grass when we made ourselves comfortable.

Fuck, it's 3:30 am.

Tim just stares at me as if he were worried I might break again, but, thankfully my anger has already calmed down a bit.

"May I ask-" they spoke moments before us leaving. "Why are you two so... dressed up?"

I look down at my dress, that now wore stains of dirt and tears. At least my shoes look okay.

"None of your business" I quickly said, wanting to leave this scary ass place already.

Not looking back, I drag Timothée back to my house. Hopefully, everyone has left. Sounds depressing, but that's the only thing I'm looking forward to.

We drive to my apartment with calm music surrounding us. After a few minutes, we arrive home, though the lights have been turn off.

He gives me one last hug.
I take a deep breath and then start walking out of the car. It seems like the music has stopped playing, or at least it's not as loud anymore. I take out my keys from the pockets in my dress I once was excited about.

I get inside and all I see is a fucking mess.

There's drinks and plates everywhere. I can even see a failed attempt to pour whiskey on a cup, right on my carped floor.

I go to my backyard, already knowing that it was worst.

I sigh, and take off my heels to feel the grass on my feet. The cake looks untouched and still perfect. At least something came out right.

Ding.

My phone vibrates.

Fin: Hey bil,, Claudia and I thought it would be good for us to end the party early. We have already called for a company to clean it all tomorrow, don't worry abt it

Me: did Alice ever came home?

Fin: she didn't, we called an Uber to get Kayla home safe tho
Fin: how are you?

Me: im tired
Me: im hoping Alice never returnss 😞

...

I turn off my phone, heading to my room. Without wanting to think ever again, I kick out my shoes as I lay on my bed before falling asleep.

If Alice comes back tomorrow imma beat her fucking ass.