5 - taco bell

Wait a minute, let me finish
I know you don't care
But can you listen?
I came committed, guess I overdid it
Wore my heart out on a chain
Around my neck, but now it's missing

My fingers follow their natural sense of space. Playing the ukulele with ease and tranquility as my voice cracks with some of the lyrics.

So I think I better go
I never really know how to please you
You're lookin' at me like I'm see-through
I guess I'm gonna g
I just never know how you feel
Do you even feel anything?

"That was amazing" Claudia says staring me from the bedroom door. I forgot I was at their house for a slight moment.

"Thank you" I smile to her, leaving the uke bedsides me on the bed. "No no, keep playing" Claudia smiles, as Fin comes with still messy hair and sleepy face.

You said, "Don't treat me badly"
But you said it so sadly
So I did the best I could
Not thinking you would have left me gladly
Hmm

I look up to be met with Fin wrapping his arms around Claudia's shoulders, as they both move side to side with the music. With their hairs messed up, both of them looking like two lions who just woke up.

"Gross" I stop singing and they laugh at my words before they give each other a peck on the lips.

Fin sits on the bed, with questioning eyes. "Did you wrote that?" He looks at the journal on the pillow, all scribbled and with doodles around.

"Yeah" I close it down, not wanting him to read it at all. I've been keeping that journal for over a year, and the things I've written inside mean a lot to me.

"That's amazing bil"

I smile at the compliment with a bit of embarrassment. I'm not used to singing self written songs.

.....

"Fuckkkkkk are they coming or not?" I grunt. It's already been 20 minutes since we got to the Taco Bell we were supposed to meet Fin's friend and his sister up.

I've already finished my burrito and they haven't arrived.

"C'mom bils, he said they were already on their way"

I don't know if it was a coincidence or faith, but right after Fin said that, two people enter the Taco Bell.

One tall man that looked around a fin's age, and a girl who looks way too familiar.

A girl with brown eyes.

"Hi" Micah says to us, giving Finneas a hug and stretching his hand out to me. I reach his hand to greet him, but can't seem to focus when the girl eyes me up and down.

"Damn, you look way different without that dress on" she chuckles

Micah and Fin give her a confused look. "I never told you my name" she realizes and stretches her hand too.

"I'm Jade"

"Billie"

We sit down at the table, looking at our siblings.
"Y'all know each other already?" Micah asks looking in between us. "Not really, I've just seen her before" Jade shrugs off before placing her hand on the table. Her nails look like acrylic ones, with soft black flames decorating it.

"Yeah, she basically threw me out of a public park" I say quietly, but Fin hears and laughs.

"Was that on your birthday?" he asks, grabbing his phone to check the hour.

1:25pm

"Yup" I take a sip from my coke.

Micah and Fin go to the booth to order, and while they wait for it to be ready, Jade asks me "why were you so dolled up that day?" Her voice in genuine curiosity. I tell her about the party, but skip the part where Alice ruins it for me.

"So, let me get this straight" she blinks twice.

"You were in the middle of an unknown park at night, in your birthday?" Jade's eyebrows go up. "Thank god you were accompanied with you boyfriend" she muttered softly.

"Wait" I realize what Jade has just said about me having a boyfriend.

"MY boyfriend?" I can't help but laugh out loud, making Micah and Fin turn around from the counter. Jade stared confused.

"Hell no bro, Timothée is just a friend" I explained grinning, as I look at her getting red of embarrassment.

"Oh- it's just- they way he held you that night" the words spill out making me laugh again.

Me and Tim? Little Timmy? Hell no. That boy is my friend and that shit ends there. And considering the fact that he has never dated, I don't think I'll be the first.

I'm not saying I have a ton of experience on the field, but I can get around meeting someone a little closer sometimes.

"Shit sorry" she says, but joins my laughter till the boys arrive with the tray of food.

We talk through lunch. I get to know them a bit more, when Jade explains to me their careers.
Like Fin had told me before, Micah was into Graphic design, working at a clothing label here in LA.

Jade on the other hand is beginning her studies on medical school.

After getting to know each other throughout lunch, Micah ends up giving me his phone number, as well as Jade.

"I could give you our house number since me and Micah live together still" Jade smiles, as I save up her contact on my phone.

Jade Navarro is now your contact

"Thanks, but after today I think you should consider the offer" I remind her of the option, while giving her a small wink. She chuckles at that.

"I think I will"