04

Cali Perez

I just went to a job interview, and it went really bad. So I wasn't hired either, it's not that i mind it. Standing behind a cash register isn't really my thing.

But now I have to tell my parents. I've been standing at the door for about 10 minutes, waiting. Because I don't know how to tell them this. I don't even know how they will react. I also don't know if they're still fighting after last night.

My parents require me to have a job, which is quite normal isn't it? So you can spend your money on clothes, going out, buying food and so on.

I finally find the courage to go inside. I open the door with a trembling hand and close it behind me.

"Cali!" The cutest little being comes running to me and jumps into my arms.

I give her a tight hug, "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Noooo silly goose." And right before she finish her sentence it occurred to me, "Summer break" We both say at the same time.

I frown, "Did you just call me a silly goose?"

She widens her eyes "Maybe." She smiles innocently.

"Call me that again."

"Silly goose." She whispers in my ear.

I tickle her until she almost dies of laughter. I stop after a while and just continue to look at her. She is so pretty, even at a young age.

Just like old people always tell you, There will be a line of guys waiting to be with her.

Recognize that one?

Right me too.

I give her a kiss on her forehead and set her back on the ground, "Go to my room, i have a surprise for you." Without hesitating she runs up the stairs to my room. "I'll be right there!" I yell to her.

Okay, First i have to deal with my parents.

I walk into the kitchen seeing my mom chopping some carrots. "Hey honey, how did it go?"

I lean down on the counter focusing on her chopping the carrots in little pieces. "Really bad." I sigh.

She chuckles softly, probably because i'm being so overdramatic. "It's not the end of the word Cali."

"Really? Because it feels like it is." I run my hand through my hair. She puts down the sharp knife, "Maybe you can go and look in the bookstore a few streets further."

I stand upright, that's actually a good idea, i haven't thought about that yet. "I will." I walk past her and mess with her hair.

I run upstairs to my room and open the door and Annalise is waiting on my bed.

"So Anna, are you ready?"

She nods heavily, "Because we are" I drag out the e.

"We are going to shop!"

And the moment i tell her that, she jumps up and down on my bed, it's been a long time since she was allowed to go shopping.

"Go get your stuff and wait in your room." Without hesitation she jumps off my bed and runs to her room.

Oh god i love her.

-

"So what are we looking for?" I look down to her as we walk down a street full of shops.

"I want some nice dresses to wear because Kate has a birthday party next week and I really want to wear a dress." She lowers her voice at the end of her sentence.