Chapter 16: Weekend Party

Isobel's POV

When my class came to visit, I was happy. I missed talking and hanging out with my classmates. The first group asked how I was doing. I smiled and told them that I was fine, just tired. We eventually began talking about random things, just like usual. The second group was similar. They checked on how I was doing, and then we discussed star wars the rest of the time. I admitted that I was not supposed to watch much tv but that I smuggled it anyway. Everyone gave me a little gift. I ended up getting a few bouquets and a large stack of boxes of chocolate. I noticed that Bakugo was holding a small cardboard box and was not engaging in the conversation. That's fine. If he doesn't want to talk to me, I won't force him!

Present Mic came into the room and told the class that their homework was transcribing two chapters from a Japanese book to English. He excused me from the assignment because he knew I could already do it. After the class left, I pulled out a book that I had convinced Midnight to bring to me from my home. I curled up and continued to read from where I had left off. The main character had just saved the princess, and they began to make out. A voice interrupted my reading, "Hey, Little Miss Angel." I felt my cheeks grow warm. "Did I catch you at a bad time?"

He grinned as I hastily spoke, "Now is fine!" Quickly, I folded down the corner of the page and set it down next to me. "I thought that you all had to leave?"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah, we were supposed to. But I wanted to give you this." I took a cardboard clamshell from his outstretched hands. My eyes widened as I stared at a beautiful chocolate dessert that had raspberries on top of it. "I know that it probably won't be that good because it is store-bought, but I heard Round Face say that you liked chocolate, so I got you a chocolate lava cupcake."

I was over the moon, "You got this for me? It looks so good!" I unwrapped the fork that was taped to the lid of the box and took a bite. It tasted like Heaven. My eyes fluttered closed, and a soft moan bubbled out of my mouth. Did he hear that? I hope not. I took another bite and savored the silkiness of the chocolate in contrast to the slightly tart raspberries.

Bakugo made his signature tch sound, "It can't be that good."

I looked at him incredulously, "I don't know, this is just about the best thing that I have ever had! My parents did not let us have many treats, and when we did, I was never able to enjoy them." I could never enjoy anything around my parents. I was too busy making sure that I looked and acted perfectly.

"I could make a better chocolate lava cake."

I raised an eyebrow, "How can you say that if you have never tried this one?"

I was frozen as he ran a finger across my lips, wiping off the little bit of chocolate from the cupcake. My eyes followed his finger to his mouth, where he sucked the chocolate off. I wonder what his lips feel like, "Yeah, I can make better."

My face was getting warm, and I knew that it was turning red. I lifted my chin in defiance, "Well, you couldn't taste the whole thing." I had seen his hand move, so I needed to act. I shoved the last bite into my mouth and grinned.

I was not expecting his hand to continue to move and clasp around my book. I reached to take it from him, but it was too late. He held it out of my reach and flipped to where I had left off, "Now, let's see why Little Miss Angel got so flustered when I interrupted her reading." He looked down at the book and chuckled, "I guess that Little Miss Angel is not as pure as we all thought she was."

My face was now on fire, "It's not that bad! All they do is kiss! They never actually do it in the book!" At least, I don't think so. I haven't finished it yet.