Train

There she is again. Same time everyday, even the same seat. I wonder where she comes from and goes to. Probably school, but which one? I haven't seen that uniform before. She's always got her earbuds in. Sometimes she's reading and sometimes she's drawing. I wonder if she ever thinks about me, like I think about her. Probably not. My scar probably scares her away.

(Y/n) looks out the window and the sun shines perfectly against her skin.
Shoto's heart races as he takes in all her features.
She looks over at the boy and blushes when she sees him staring.
Shoto looks down, blushing as well.
She didn't look away in disgust! She might be like my classmates. They don't care about my scar.
His grip on the hanging strap tightens.
The girl stands up and heads to the door, a couple feet away from Todoroki.
He watches her and they make eye contact one last time before she gets off the stopped train.
His heart calms down as the train moves again.

The next day when Todoroki gets on the train he sits in the spot next to hers.
When she gets on at the next stop her eyes widen and she blushes deeply as she sits in her normal spot.
Due to him having his headphones in he didn't notice her at first.
Out of the corner of his eye he notices her uniform sleeve.
Many questions pop into mind but for some reason he was too shy to ask any of them.
Normally he didn't have a problem speaking his mind but with her it was different.

Finally Shoto looks up as he puts away his headphones and phone.
His eyes widen upon seeing tears stream down her cheeks.
Her hand was only inches away from his face as if she were about to stroke his cheek gently.
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm so sorry. Everyday I notice you and you always look so sad and you have a far away look in your eyes. I wanna know what thoughts haunt your mind."
Shoto looks down. "I thought for sure you were gonna ask about my scar."
"I never knew how to phrase that question. I didn't want to assume anything about it. And of course I figured you wouldn't want to explain to a stranger. I don't wanna know if you don't wanna say."

Her smile makes Shoto's heart race.
His own smile slightly appears.
"It's a long story. And you get off at the next stop."
"Then how about you tell me next time? I will answer any of your questions as well. I saw you staring yesterday so I'm sure it wasn't the first time you looked my way."
"I just noticed we have a daily routine. But I'd like to get to know you more."
"Me too. I'll see you tomorrow Shoto."
He looks at her confused. He didn't remember telling her his name.
"You're kinda famous ya know. But I wanna know you from your perspective."
Shoto blushes softly as she gets off the train.

The next day Shoto was excited for the daily train ride, but at the girl's stop she wasn't one of the passengers.
The absence confused the boy since she used the train everyday just like him.
Not to mention her promise.
Shoto decided maybe something came up so he waited.
He waited for 8 days.

Come day 8 he got on the train and sat silently.
Sad that the girl left him.
Anger replaced sadness.
Why did I think she'd be different? She probably lied to my face. My scar probably scared her away.
Although at the next stop (Y/n) gets on, her expression wasn't her normal happy one, but solemn and her gaze fixated on the ground.
Shoto looks over at her and smiles, but upon seeing her tears his mind races with worry.

(Y/n) sits down and he moves next to her.
"Where have you been? Did something happen?" He gently wipes her tears with his sweater sleeve.
She sniffles and looks at him. "My father died." She whispers then looks back at her lap.
"Lucky you," he mumbles absentmindedly.
"What did you say?" She asks, not hearing him.
"I mean...I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you've been through. I thought I scared you away."
She manages a small smile. "No silly. Remember, I wanted to know your story."
"It would be insensitive of me. You just lost your father but I..."
The girl frowns. "You don't have to tell me I guess. We are technically still strangers."
"It's not that. It's just that, I hate my father."
"Endeavor? He's the number two hero right? He seems a little extreme."
"He's the reason I have my scar. He hurt my mom and it caused her to pour boiling water on my face. He's a terrible father and I can't forgive him for what he did to my mother. Which is why I didn't want to say anything. You probably loved your father."

The (h/c) girl listens to the boy next to her. "My mom reminds me of your father. Obsessed with having a powerful quirk and overworking her children. Unfortunately I am an only child. I caused my mother to lose her ability to have any more children. Which is why she um..."
"You don't have to say it." Shoto whispers and holds her hand gently.
His thumb rubs the back of her hand.
She looks at their hands and blushes softly. "Why do people do that? Obsess over quirks and hurt their children to make them stronger. It only causes pain and hatred."
"I wish I knew. I love my mother and I know she's a victim. That's why I don't blame her for what happened to me."
"I'm so sorry that happened." She reaches out and gently rubs the scar with her thumb.
A blush taints his cheeks as he leans into her palm.

"If you need any help I'm here for you."
"Thank you Shoto. That means a lot. I wanna move to the school dorms. So maybe we can talk more while we pack my stuff. It's over the weekend so we don't have to worry about school."
"Dorms sound nice. It would get me away from home. Although living with my classmates would definitely take some getting used to."
Her small laugh makes his heart race.
"By the way I uh... I never asked your name."
"Oh yeah. It's (Y/n)." She responds and smiles softly.
"(Y/n)? That's a really nice name."
"Thanks. So do you really wanna help me this weekend?"
Shoto nods. "Yeah."

It was silent for a while before he spoke again.
"(Y/n) I really am sorry for your loss. I can't relate to a parent dying but I lost my oldest brother. He was a good older brother and I wish I had more time with him. As humans we wish for more time with the ones we love only after we lose them."
"Yeah. We want what we can't have. It's human nature." She agrees and lays her head on his shoulder.
He looks down at her then leans his head on hers. "Yeah. That's why I enjoy the time I have with the people I care about."
(Y/n) blushes and looks at their hands that are still together. "Does that include me?"
"Since the moment our eyes met. The moment you accepted me and didn't just see my scar or my father."
The girl smiles and nods. "I'm glad to hear."