Arranged Marriage?!

//I just thought this pic was so cute 🥰

"How could you suggest an arranged marriage? Aren't those illegal?" Shoto questions his father.
"Quirk marriages yes, are illegal. I didn't set this up for just her quirk though. I thought you might actually like this girl."
"A girl you chose? I highly doubt it."
"Her parents are 100% on board and they inform me that she's willing to meet you."
"I don't want any part of this. I want to live my life the way I want! Why haven't you ever stopped to ask what we want? Because what you think is best for us, is not." The dual haired boy clenches his fists, trying to hold back his tears.
Enji sighs and looks away. "I know it's gonna take a lot for you and the others to forgive me. But I'm trying. Not only to be the best hero I can for the public, but also to be a better father. I met this girl and I thought she might make you happy. She has a strong quirk, yes, but that was not my initial inquiry."
Shoto looks at his father quizzically.
"Just meet her for breakfast on Saturday. She deserves a chance doesn't she?"
The look on the father's face makes the son sigh.
It seems so genuine.
"Fine. But if I find out this is just another quirk marriage I will never speak to you again."
Enji sighs but nods.

Come Saturday morning Shoto gets ready and goes to the designated cafe.
He looks around the empty place and his eyes finally land on a pretty girl in the corner.
She has a book in front of her but it's closed and she's looking out the window.
The way the sun shines on her face makes Shoto's heart race.
Unfortunately the idea that this girl was chosen by his father makes him hate her automatically.
The two things that made him like her now irritated him.

He orders a beverage and a small snack then sits across from the girl.
She smiles softly and slowly looks at the dual haired boy. "Good morning Shoto. I'm very happy to finally meet you."
"How did you and my father meet? Was it at a quirk contest or something?" Shoto questions, with his usual stoic expression.
The girl frowns. "No. Actually he saved me and my family from a villain attack. He said he admired my willingness to fend off the villain till a hero arrived."
"You tried to fight a villain by yourself? That's reckless and irresponsible."
The girl frowns. "I know. I just wanted to protect my parents. They were injured so they couldn't do anything."

A woman brings over the items Shoto ordered and he begins eating.
"Endeavor was very kind to us afterward. When he asked if I wanted to meet you I was taken aback. You and my son would probably get along well. I guess he thought we might hit it off right away."
"Well my old man cares only about himself. He probably saw your quirk and thought you and I would have a child whose quirk was super powerful."
(Y/n) frowns and looks away. "Oh. I never thought I'd get married. Especially not to a wealthy family like yours."
Her hands fiddle with the book.
Shoto looks at the book and notices it's one of his favorites.
"A quirk marriage huh? I thought those were illegal?" She adds quietly.
"They are. He tried to tell me it wasn't though. That he genuinely thought I would like you. I can't really trust him, or forgive him."

(Y/n) holds back tears as she listens to him. She had heard plenty about the boy and was excited to finally meet him. She thought they had some common interests and would get along well.
But having him here now, was just making her upset.
He seemed to just hate her.
Obviously she didn't know it was because Endeavor liked her and Shoto dislikes his father.
"I-I should I should go." She stutters and runs out of the cafe.
Shoto watches the girl run away, noticing her tears. He looks back at the table and sees she left the book and her purse.
The paper inside the book catches his attention. It wasn't her bookmark, just a loose piece in the front.
He pulls it out and starts reading.

Today Endeavor asked me if I wanted to meet his son. Of course I said yes. I've wanted to meet Shoto for so long. I think we might get along. I hope he doesn't mind my quirk. It's strong but I'm not that good at bringing out its true potential. It would be nice to be friends, maybe more if I'm lucky. Friends is good enough for me though. I hope Shoto likes me. I wouldn't want to annoy him or have him think I'm using him for his money. I wanna know Shoto, like him for him. Boy that sounds cheesy... I admire Endeavor but I also admire Shoto. Let's hope I don't screw things up, or cry in front of him. That would be embarrassing and he would probably hate me.

Shoto looks up from the page and sighs. "I didn't even give her a chance. I made her cry. I'm a terrible person."
After putting the paper back inside the book he puts it in her purse, grabs it then leaves.
She didn't tell him her name or where she lives.
"Dammit," he whispers to himself and makes his way back home.

"How did things go?" Fuyumi asks as her brother runs inside.
"Shoto? Why are you running in the house?" Enji asks as he walks out of his study.
"Where does she live?" Shoto asks quickly.
The father looks at the boy confused. "Why? What happened?"
"You happened! I didn't even give her a chance because all I could think about was the fact that you picked her out. All I could think was that this was some trap to get me to marry the girl you chose. She was so kind and sweet and actually wanted to know me. She didn't want to use me. She didn't do this because of you. God I'm so stupid! I even made her cry."
"You made her cry?" Enji asks angrily.
"Where does she live, old man?" Shoto asks instead.
The redhead sighs and gives him the address.

Shoto frowns and looks at his father. "She lives that close?"
"Yeah. Just a block away. Another reason I thought being her friend would be nice. You could see each other frequently."
Shoto sighs and shakes his head. "As long as you stay out of it, I'll trust you for now. If she's ok with it, friends is fine for now. But marriage is not on the table."
"You're still young. Marriage can wait."
"Even I'm not married yet, dad. Leave Shoto be." Fuyumi scolds her father. "You better hurry. You'll be lucky if her father lets you in the door after you made her cry." The sister continues.
The boy nods and runs out of the house, (Y/n)'s purse still in his hand.

The doorbell rings and (Y/n)'s father opens the door.
Shoto looks down at the man in his wheelchair. He bows deeply and holds out the purse. "I am so sorry sir. I wish to apologize to your daughter if I may. She needs to know the truth."
The man grabs the bag roughly and glares at the boy. "At first I thought Endeavor asking for my daughter was insane. I thought maybe you would be different than him, but after what you did to my daughter, I should throw you out. You're probably just a spoiled rich kid."
"Daddy's what's wrong? You should be resting. Who's at the door?" (Y/n) asks, walking over.
"(Y/n) you should-"
"(Y/n), that's your name? It's beautiful." Shoto compliments.
The girl blushes and looks away. "Why have you come here?"
"He came to give you your bag. He was just leaving." The father responds, still glaring at the boy.
Shoto frowns but nods. "As you wish sir. I wished to explain myself to you (Y/n) but your father does not wish me to stay. Please forgive me." He bows once again and turns to leave.
"Wait! Please...no please wait." (Y/n) calls and holds her hand out.
The hero in training turns to the girl quickly, his eyes wide in surprise.

(Y/n) walks over to Shoto and smiles softly. "Come to the backyard with me. I'll let you explain if you promise not to make me cry again."
Shoto nods quickly and smiles softly. "I promise. I'm so sorry for everything I said."
"I'll forgive you when you tell me why."
She guides him to their beautiful garden where Shoto explains what happened.
After that they became good friends.
Enji even kept his word, staying out of it.