Chapter 4: The Angel and The Nephilim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few Days Later: Your POV

Misato jumps on the couch, face first, and she groans and looks up to look at the time. It was already 5 am in a Thursday Morning, after finally finishing the Night Shift in NERV. 

Misato: groans I'm soooo tired! 

Y/N: You're not the one who did a training exercise, Misato. 

Misato: You do know I'm not a person who's half Angel like you, right?

Y/N: My point being, stop being a baby. 

Misato: Ughhhhh! I just wanna sleep already! 

Y/N: You sound like you're slurring. Are you that tired or are you drunk? 

Misato: I may have taken a beer or two while in NERV, hehehe~

Y/N: sigh One of these days you're gonna find yourself lying face first in the gutter somewhere in the city. Need a blanket or something?

Misato: Yes please.~

I sighed again, and I made my way into Misato's room, and I grabbed her blanket. I got back out, and I saw that she already passed out on the floor. She took the sheets from the couch, and laid herself on the floor. I sighed again, and I placed the blanket over her, and I took one of her pillows as well, and I placed her head on it. I then lay myself on the couch, and I took a one-hour nap. 

???: Y/N? You awake? 

I opened my eyes, and I saw Shinji was already in her school uniform, and she's looking down on me. 

Y/N: groans Sup?

Shinji: Where have you two been last night?

Y/N: Misato was doing her night shift. I had a training exercise. Why, something happened? 

Shinji: No I was just...worried why you didn't come back last night. 

Y/N: Ah, I see. You heading to school now? 

Shinji: Yeah. I think I'll walk today. 

Y/N: Hmm? Why so? 

Shinji: Misato's still asleep, and I'm pretty sure her car's still busted for you to even use, not like she'd lend it to you. And...I don't think flying to school this time is a good idea. Cause we the students started coming back, and there's a higher chance someone will spot us. 

Y/N: Are you sure? I mean...yeah you're right. I don't wanna get mobbed by people. 

Shinji: You're more worried about getting mobbed than letting the public know you're basically the Nephilim?

Y/N: Cutie, I could give a damn if they see me fighting an Angel. If anything, NERV intended for me to be a "Being that brought Hope", stuff like that and shit. I never really liked the attention, and preferred to be left alone.

Shinji: Huh, really? 

Y/N: Yep. The only reason why they wanted to keep me a secret is because they were still doing adjustments to me. But, the Angels are starting to attack, and the rest of mankind needs something, or someone, to give them hope. That's me.. Though, the EVA's are to be kept in secret as much as possible, and that's what I don't know about. 

Shinji: Why?

Y/N: Shit, I didn't even know about EVA's until I came back here. You better head out now, it's already 6:25 am. You can reach your school by...hmm...6:45 if you powerwalk, or 6:55 if you just walk at your own pace.