A Night To Remember

Y/n's POV:

The cold wraps around me on the balcony where I now stand alone. How did this get so complicated? I just wanted him to live out the rest of his life without being hung up on me. Is that a bad thing?

Ugh, Katsuki's right. Harsh but right. I don't understand... I feel so bad, he really spilled his heart out to me then, what do I do now? Can I really accept this attachment? Or is it not worth it to have both of our hearts broken over something inevitable? What he said opened my eyes to just how much I've let my guard down... I shouldn't have gotten in this deep, I just don't have that luxury.

 But then I remembered how Katsuki brought happiness - true happiness - back in my life; those times when we'd hang out in silence, immersed in romance mangas and school work, and how when I overdosed he was there, every step of the way, keeping me company with that taciturn charm of his. I finally allow my eyes to well up in tears, memories that I will forever treasure fill the emptiness in me. His angry expressions and explosive attitude, as well as his soft side - those soft smiles that told me he cared, and that soft vulnerability in his eyes that spoke out when his voice won't.  

And with those reminders of him, I take a deep cleansing breath and finally surrender to the harsh ickiness of reality. Because whether it's for a short time or not, I'm part of this world for better or for worse. And when it came to one Katsuki Bakugo - everything turns out for the better.

I manage to dry my tears without ruining my makeup and with a new resolve in my heart, I march to the one place I know he would've gone to. Our special place... Coz deep down, he really is a hopeless romantic. I smile fondly. I mean if his taste in romance mangas don't point that out - then this will. I feel as if I'm in a dream, weaving through dancing students, trying to get to the door, but at the same time I've never felt more present. Now I just need to find how to get on the rooftop... I spot Mina shaking her booty with the other girls. 
"Hey Mina!" I call out to her. 
"Oh hey Y/n!" 
"Hey, um, how do you get on the rooftop?" I ask.

She gives me a puzzled look but answers; "Just take the side stairs outside down the hall and go up until you see the sign, but it's restricted..." 

"Ok thank you so much Mina!" I say distractedly, and rush out onto the isolated hall. The side staircase is dark and dank as I clatter up, gripping the banister and trying my best not to slip with my high heels. 

After what seems like an eternity, I finally spot the sign neon sign that reads: ROOFTOP ACCESS RESTRICTED FOR STUDENTS. Good thing I'm not a student here then I think smugly. Look at me - beating the UA system. What a rebel. Suddenly, I feel my left heel give way, making me stumble and almost tip over the edge. Fuck. Great. Just my luck. I huff in irritation as I try to stand evenly. 

I slow at the door, my legs shaking with exertion and my sides heaving. I take a moment to catch my breath let the painful spasms subside, before I reach a now timid hand to the door handle and with a deep nervous breath, I open the door. The rooftop of the great UA was nothing short of disappointing, neat but musty and boring - not at all what I'd expect from the top school of Tokyo.

I almost immediately spot Katsuki who was leaning against the railing and looking out down below. I calm my erratic breathing and approach his side, trying to walk evenly with a broken heel.

"Um, hey..." I start awkwardly. What the fuck happened to all that poetic shit going on in my head a moment before? I scream at myself, now at a loss for words.

He turns to me with blank eyes all closed off on his stoic face. He's got nothing else to say, it's my turn now... I think miserably. So I take a deep breath and start again. 
"Look... I just wanted to say that I-I thought about what you said - all of it - and I realise that I had just been trying to detach from everyone when I met you, and now... Well now I'm doing the exact opposite... And I guess it's just hard for me to accept that..." I trail off, and straighten up. I lift my chin up and meet his hard eyes before continuing.
"What I'm trying to say, is that please bare with me here. I'm really sorry that I hurt you, it was just this stupid selfish thing where I was trying to protect myself... And I was wrong. And I'm sorry for that."

I look away, done with my piece. Bakugo looks down and kicks at some loose gravel. Are these things always so awkward? I think desperately, or am I just doing this wrong? Ughh.
Katsuki sighs, making me turn back to him as he finally speaks.
"Yeah, sure whatever nerd."
Indignation shoots through me and I explode; "Whatever!? Really?! That's all you have to fucking say?! I pour my heart out to you and all you say is whatever!?! Well you know what Katsuki Bakugo I am so not letting that go! If you didn't mean so much to me I would literally kill-"

In an instant, he's inches away from me, our lips all of each other roughly. Not only shutting me up, but leaving me all dizzy, before I push him away. He raises his eyebrow expectantly, that small action alone making me all weak in the knees (or was it those damn stairs) I cross my arms and give him a challenging look; "Hey! Don't you dare think that a kiss will solve this mister! Coz it won't. And I intend to stay angry with you until-"

Again, the rude boy interrupts me; "Ok! Fine. You have a point. Look, when it comes to this I'm not good with words and you know it..." 

I raise my eyebrows and prompt him; "Ok, and?" 

He glowers at me before sighing; "And, I'm sorry too, I guess. I kinda overreacted."

I relax my arms; "Thank you. Now that we have all that sorted out! I want you to make me another promise."

He scrunches up his face; "Oh hell nah lady! Not after the last request!"

I roll my eyes; "Scrap that last request. I just want you to promise me-"

"Enough of these deathbed promises. Yeah I know you might die any moment, I accept that. But right now you're still alive and I'm gonna cherish every moment of it. So shut the fuck up-"

I interrupt his touching speech; "Ok. Smooth words and all but stop interrupting me it's getting annoying." I glare at him.

He looks affronted but holds back a smile and says; "Fine. Fair enough. But about what I said earlier, deal?" 

All of a sudden, I feel fatigued from all this discord, I rest my head on his broad chest and sigh; "deal, so... Friends?" 

He tilts my head up to his, smirks and says; "Better than friends." Before kissing me with much more passion and less roughness than before. 

Enveloped in this wonderful sensation, I make the mistake of stepping forward without thought, making my broken heel bend off course and me to buckle. Katsuki holds me up by the waist, not paying any attention to it as we lose ourselves in the bliss of the kiss.

It's over too soon and Katsuki sets me down. I wobble a bit and grab onto his arm. "What's wrong? You good?" He asks.
I steady myself and grit my teeth in concentration; "Yeah I'm good, I just broke my heel running up here. And GOD I hate stairs!" I couldn't help but exclaim, my frustration from tonight letting out on this. He chortles, giving me a peck on the forehead before scooping me up in his arms.

"Hey! I'm well capable of walking! I got here didn't I?" I yelp indignantly.

He ignores me and starts walking back down. "Come on teddy bear, I've still got time to make this a night to remember for you."

I surrender to his charm and snuggle into his muscly but cuddly chest. I murmur contentedly; "You already have KitKat... And find a better pet name will you?"

"Nah, don't think I will. And you can forget about walking on that stupid broken heel - you're gonna break your fucking neck!" He growls.