Chapter 6.5

December 2, 2020

13 weeks pregnant

'I knew that I had come face to face with

someone whose mere personality was so

fascinating that, if I allowed it to do so,

it would absorb my whole nature,

my whole soul, my very art itself.'

- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

'Harry Styles and girlfriend Sophie Lawson have taken time out of their busy schedules to enjoy a romantic lunch together.'

'Precise.' Harry articulates, one hand on the steering wheel and the other resting against his window.

'It's no secret that since they began dating in April of this year, we've all been hanging out to get a closer look into the whirlwind romance between Harry Styles and his assistant-turned-girlfriend, Sophie Lawson. The pair have kept their relationship famously private for the last 7 months, but this past week in Malibu, the couple finally gave the world a sneak-peak into their playful romance.' I read out the article on my phone, humoured at the fact we're being described as playful for only going out for lunch in Malibu.

'Mm, playful.' He laughs, willing me to continue. 'I like the sound of this.'

'The boybander, who is currently recording a new album with One Direction, and his blogger girlfriend were out enjoying a peaceful lunch at Cafe Habana in Malibu, the cafe owned by close friend of Harry's, Rande Gerber, husband to supermodel Cindy Crawford. The lovebirds opted for healthy meals, with Harry munching on a salad and Sophie deciding on a brown rice bowl.' I continue, fiddling with my necklaces as I read. 'Harry was glowing during the meal, and couldn't keep the smile off his face as he dined with the brunette beauty..oh, that was nice of them. Thanks Daily Mail.'

'Well, it's true.' Harry adds in, looking at me with one of those smiles on his face. 'You are a brunette beauty.'

'That makes you a brunette beauty too.' I laugh, distracting myself by looking at this article before he keeps going until I have a hot flush and try to blame it on being pregnant. 'With the brunette beauty, who initially seemed less than impressed by the paparazzi intrusion, showing a clear distated expression.'

Truth be told, I wasn't actually that less than impressed by the paparazzi making an appearance. My real issue with the situation was that I'd bitten down on a hard grain of rice, but Daily Mail clearly didn't get paparazzi talented enough to photograph my rice grains.

'However, Sophie quickly changed her tune towards the uninvited guests, breaking her gaze from her love to interact with the paparazzi.' I read out. 'Ooh, how does that feel, to be my love?'

'Well, it's the first I'm hearing of it.' Harry exasperates, turning to look at me again as he stops at a red light.

'First I'm hearing of it too.' I reply flatly, matching his empty expression. We blankly stare at one another as the second pass, before a tight lipped grin starts spreading across his face faster than he can stop it. It's not long before he really can't hold it in, and his smile spills out as a little chuckle.

'The New York native first greeted the lunch intruders with wide eyes when she noticed their presence, before her expression turned into a lighthearted grimace, holding up her bowl of rice and covering her face, peering her eyes over the edge of the bowl. Her musician boyfriend took a little longer to play along, first taking time to smile at his girlfriend's antics, then eventually joining in on the lunchtime fun by picking up a small leaf from his salad and hiding behind it.' I read out, having a good old laugh at our antics.