Three

Aria's POV

Beautiful. What his thought about me? I questioned myself while judging my own soul in front of this mirror.

God I hate that beautiful, perfect, pretty word. Why? Because I knew no one going to use that word at me. Anne always got that word for the way she looks. Imperfect , dreadful that was what I thought about me.

But who am I going to stop my life just because I look this way. Wanted to or not I still had to do it in this dreadful soul and corpse presence.

I was almost laying my bed on the couch as there was a knock on my door. I assumed it must be Atlas wanted to give me his daily grandmother's meal but I was wrong. There she was standing in front of me while her tears welled up on her eyes. She hugged me making me stumble as soon as I opened the door.

Hazel. My only one beautiful and innocent siblings. She buried her faces while sobbing as I could felt my shoulder getting wet by her tears. However, my eyes saw Atlas standing outside my house while holding a container curious what was happening right now. I bet he was really confused why there was my sister in the middle of the night crying in my shoulder.

I eye signed him to go. Gladly, he understood within a second. When my sister tears dried up I gently brushing her brunette short hair so she could feel the love I'm giving towards her.

I didn't want to have a question and answer conversation right now. Whenever she finally ready to give all of her word that had been kept for too long in her heart at me, I would be here.

But for now, I made her a sleeping place and gave her some leftover food that I cooked earlier and her favorite mocha. I watched her gobbled up the food like she was monster that craving for human for too long.

What happened?

" I already set up your bed. Go inside the room besides mine. I got to my room if you want alone time." I informed her as I stood up wanted to go to my room but I stopped when her cold hand touched my wrist.

"Stay". She sounded like she was tired but I knew she begging for me to stay.

" Wash the dishes we can talk at the living room if you want to." I suggested. She did wash her own plate. I lit up the fireplace and the fires crackled as the wood hissed. I closed my window  the door so no one could hear our conversations.

I heard her footsteps coming toward me. The couch besides me bent down as she sat. The cricket outsides my house chirped but then the sound gone replaced by my sister sighs.

" I'm not a begging person. Can I stay at your house?" She asked me without thinking twice I assumed. I knew something was off at both of my parents house. That was why my sister thought about staying with me.

"For....how long?" I questioned her. Actually I didn't care about her staying with me. But she had to accept the changes since Brooklyn is city and here is a rural area.

" Forever. High school just finished and before I get the offer to college I want to stay with you." She stated.

"What's going on at my and dad house?" I asked her. She probably could hear my worried voice.

" Dad, he is a workaholic. He spend 90% of the times at the hospital. Since he felt bad about me at home alone he passed me to my mother. Now, I stay with mom. I'm sorry to say this but I stay with mom three month after you moved."

She closed her eyes like she trying to hold her tears as she continued. "And just like that everything changes. Mom, she abandoned me. Luke and mom they just care about Riley, our step sister. Everyday is the same. I went to school , dinner while shutting my mouth because I know they didn't care about me , and the most hurt event was when I got a very great grade and they snapped and shut me down when I told them about it."

"But that's not it. I had a prom as you know. I scanned through the hall seeing my friends dancing and smiling with their parent while me here searching for my parents and their loves. I didn't know where they were but I told them three day before it."

" Then, tonight why I decided to come here. It was all started when you know I was hanging out with my friends and I bumped to mom. When she bumped into me I was at a restaurant with my crush. I kissed him because we confessed each other feeling but then mom found me and slapped me."

She took a gulped and continued. " She brought me home and we yelling each other. She called me whore just because I kissed a boy. And she compared me to Riley. She said Riley never hang out with the boys but the fact was Riley is the popular girl in school and she always having lunch with a lot of boy. Before I could explained myself, she wished I never born. What she wished for is same as I wanted. "

How pathetic my mom is. All of that just because a teenage girl finally braving herself to kiss a guy that she was holding back the feeling too long. It took her five paragraphs to address her feeling but I didn't know if that five paragraphs was enough for the pain that she was holding back could ease.

I hope all of her words the she let go could made her heart felt less weight. "Hazel. Not everyone statement is true. Sometimes they said it because they just drown in madness and every vulgar word is the only thing that could help them from drowning. That is why they think letting the word could made them breath."

"She still hundred percent wrong for saying that but don't swallow up her word and form it into your hearts." I advised her. I didn't know if my advice was useful but again hoping for it to be better for her.

I didn't know how could I help her. Should I buy her a present or give an advice ? That is why I hate myself so much. I didn't how to comfort people when they were at the worst. Before I could overthinking more , I felt a wrap around my body and it was like a thankful hug.

"Thank you Aria. You're the best gift since I was born. Thank you. Don't think too much if you are helping or not. Having you by my side is the best I could get." She confessed her feeling.

Though it was not my lover confess but getting confess like that really made my day so much. Words couldn't get out from my mouth how to thankful I am for her. Maybe my love language wasn't this way.

"Let's go to sleep Hazel. I bet you're tired." She nodded and she went to her bedroom.

The moon doing it job to brighten up the town but I had to close my eyes since my energy slowly became low.