20

Bethany POV

"Mom?"

I stared at the blond woman with wide eyes.

"W-what?", she asked.

I took a deep breath and spoke

"Are you Yelena Belova?", I asked.

"Yes.... Oh my god! B-Bethany?", she realized.

"It's me", I confirmed.

That day when I opened the file I knew nothing could stop me to come and find the person who gave birth to me and then abandoned me. I have been finding her for years, I hacked each and every government file to find her but there was nothing. As since, Pete came into my life he has been helping me to find her too. And the day when he finally found out about my birth mother, I didn't know what to feel happy? sad? angry?  but one thing I knew was that now I could get all my answers.

We stared at each for few more minuets before Yelena invited me in. The house was really big, Mo- Yelena led me towards the drawing room and then motioned towards the sofa. I followed her and took a sit opposite to her. I didn't know what to say, I was sitting silently fiddling with my necklace. After all these years I am finally here to get all my answers but now I don't know what to ask.  I guess, she is confused too, I mean who wouldn't be? It's not like everyday your 17 year old daughter comes at your door step and say Hey I am back remember me? Your daughter, whom you abandoned seventeen years ago.

After long agonizing moment of silence, Yelena decided to speak.

"How did you find out?", she asked.

"My friend helped me out, he was the one who gave me the information", I answered.

"Beth, I know you have so many question for me but before you ask anything I want to say that I always loved you, trust me I didn't want to give you up but I had to, to keep you safe, there are people who wanted to take you away from me and they are very vile and cruel if I wouldn't have done that, then god knows what they would have done to you sweetie, in order to keep you safe I had to give you up for adoption.", she explained.

I can see truth in her eyes, although I am still hurt that my own mother gave me up but she was just trying to protect me right?

"Who were those people?", I asked.

"A Russian organization", she replied. There are only two organization that came in my mind.

"Hydra?", I asked.

"No, it's not hydra technically and neither the Red Room", she said. I opened my mouth to ask her but she cut me off.

"They are different from hydra and the red room, but hydra does take part in there initiatives, that's why I said technically", she said and I nodded.

"But why are they after me?", I asked.

"I don't know, I am trying to find it out too", she said.

I nodded and again we sat in silence processing few things, while suddenly, a thought came into my mind.

"Is he alive? My father", I asked looking into her eyes.

"Yes, but he doesn't know about you", she replied.

After sometime I finally spoke.

"You know, I forgive you, anyone who were at your place would have done the same thing", I said and I could see as soon as those words came out of my mouth she sighed in relief. 

"But I really want to know my mom", I said and she smiled at that.

"Even I want to know my daughter too", she replied.

"Why don't we go out and spend some time together and get to know each other?", I suggested.

She nodded and said, "Sounds like a plan".

A/N: So, finally the secret is out! What do you all think about Yelena being her mother? And what would happen when Natasha finds it out?

Please comment your opinions as I love reading them.

Enjoy reading!! 💗💗