Chapter 7

Jamila slept in the cave with Waje and The King. The next day at the crack of dawn Waje escorted her to the mouth of the evil forest.

Jamila made her way back home, she entered the house and was immediately crushed in a hug by her sisters, "I'm so sorry Jamila I don't know what came over me, please forgive me" Kia sobbed, "it's alright" said Jamila breaking out of their hugs, "Jamila what happened to?" Kira and Nyla asked, "I went to the evil forest" she replied.

"Did you sleep there?" Kira asked, "yes, I met the Oní" she replied "Oní?" Kia echoed, "yes, their King told be I'm the daughter of Onírí and I was blessed by him! I can talk to them and I'm their mistress!" she said excitedly, "seriously?" Kia asked in disbelief, Jamila nodded, "come I can show you where they live!" said Jamila.

Jamila introduced Kira and Nyla to The Oní (she couldn't introduce Kia since she went to work in the Chief's house). The Oní seemed to love Kira and Nyla and happily accepted them.

Winters and summers came. Jamila had learnt more about her gift, she could now talk to the Oní, she could sense their emotions and aura, and calm them, and even see their meomeries if she tried hard enough. She had grown close to Waje and The King, they were like second parents to her, Kia, Kira and Nyla came to visit once in a while, but Jamila spent move of her time in the evil forest. She would leave at the beginning of the week and return on the last day of the week and return to the forest at the dawn of the new week.

Jamila was feeding on of the Oní birds, Bimbola some fruit when Abdul perched on her head squawking 'The Queen is pregnant! The Queen is pregnant!' "Abdul, calm down" said Jamila stroking his feathers, she stood up, bid Bimbola goodbye and headed to Waje's cave.

The King was nuzzling his wife who was cuddled up at the corner of their cave, "how long have you been pregnant?" Jamila asked, "a month" Waje replied, "oh, congratulations,  only eight to go then" said Jamila, "eight?"
"Yes"
"You mean two months" she said
"Two? Where I'm from it's nine months" said Jamila.
"Well here it's only three months" sais Waje.

During her pregnancy Jamila spent all of her time with Waje, easing her pain, helping her relax and feeding her, she barely even returned to her house.

On the day that Waje went into labour, Kira and Nyla were right beside her, helping her deliver Waje's pups. "Waje push" said Jamila, Waje pushed weakly, she was loosing a lot of blood and Jamila could feel her aura weaken. A lot. "Waje, just a little more I can see their heads, you can do it, just one more push" Jamila coaxed, Waje pushed with her last strength, and immediately her pups came out, her aura vanished, Jamila quickly handed Kira and Nyla the pups.

"Waje! Waje! Wake up" she said tapping the Oní. No reply. She knew she was dead. She couldn't feel her but she refused to believe that her friend and mother was gone, "Waje wake up!" Jamila screamed, sobs racking her throat as she fell on Waje's limp body,  screaming for her to wake up and hitting her weakly with her fists. The King sensing something was wrong entered the cave.

Upon seeing his dead mate he howled in pain. The other Oní joined mourning their dead Queen.

The following days were sad, They buried Waje and continued to mourn. On the last day of the following week The King said, "Jamila, please take the pups"
" I can't do that" she said.
"Please, Waje would have wanted you to, please take care of them as if they were own" he said.
"Alright, but at least name them" said Jamila.

The King named the pups; Wari, Habiba and Mustafa.