CHAPTER THREE

She parked her car in the parking area, and come out of the car.

"7 days, 7 days, Manik, and I'll make you forgive me, and that's my promise to our child." She thought to herself, with a smile plastered over her lips, she walked inside the MM premises. She went to receptionist.

"Where is manik?" nandini asked her in sharp tone

"He is busy in meeting, ma'am. Sir strictly told me to not to disturb him, You have to wait." Receptionist told her, nervousness was visible in her voice as she knew about the famous anger of Mrs. Malhotra, who hates to wait, to meet her husband.

"Should I wait? He is already angry on me, and if i went there, what if he got more angry?" nandini questioned herself.

"What? Now, Nandini Malhotra will have to wait, to meet her own husband?" Her inner voice questioned her back. nandini frowned at this, she debated, whether to go or not.

"Ma'am, sir's meeting will be over in half an hour, you can wait in canteen." Receptionist told her, she looked scared of her reaction but to her surprise, nandini just nodded and went away.

*

After his clients left, manik closed his eyes and rested his back against his chair. But soon the intercom ringed, he picked it up.

"Sir, nandini ma'am is waiting for you in canteen, should i send her now?" Receptionist asked him.

"What? She is waiting? Why didn't you informed me earlier that my wife is here to meet me?" Forgetting everything he shouted at receptionist because of whom his nandini waiting, like a stranger where as she has right to meet him first.

But soon realization dawned upon him, and he cursed himself for losing his control over his emotions, again.

"Send her in my cabin." manik told her before he put the intercom back.

"What she is doing here? And why didn't she came to meet me directly like she used to?" manik thought to himself. It was first time, nandini has decided to wait for his meeting to get over, before she never cared, she just used to walk in, whether he is busy or not, never mattered to her.

His chain of thoughts was broken as door creaked open, and his wife entered inside. For a moment, he forgot to breath seeing her, clad in red dress, she was looking gorgeous.

 For a moment, he forgot to breath seeing her, clad in red dress, she was looking gorgeous