Chapter 4

Trigger warning ur moms dead))

FREDS POV

"Fred, dear," Mom calls as I go to leave out the door. She brushes my hair to the side a little with a grumpy look, obviously still unhappy with the length. "No getting into trouble. And remember, this friend of yours is a muggle." She gives me a stern look.

"Ahh, don't worry mum, I was just gonna show her a few hexes," I say as I start out the door and she sighs greatly, "a game of exploding snap maybe, show her how a broom flies!" I call as I start down the driveway.

I don't actually know where Y/N is, so I just head to the pond first. It'll be the first time since I left for Egypt that we are hanging out. While there, I kept wondering what Y/N was doing. I'd think of how she would have had so much fun doing certain things there. I've been thinking about her a lot lately, I've noticed.

I see her lying on the ground on the bank, her Y/H/C is splayed across the grass. I lay down behind her head, so I can hover over her. "Hi, Freddy." She says with a tiny smile, opening those pretty Y/E/C eyes. That's normal for a friend to say right? I frown, her eyes are all puffy and her cheeks are glistening.

"What wrong, Y/N/N?" I ask, quietly.

She smiles and grabs my hand holding it tightly, "when I was seven, my mom died like today." Her eyes tear up and she sobs slightly. Seeing her cry, seeing all that pain etched into her face makes me want to cry, it hurts. I lay my head on its side, in the crook of her neck and she turns into it a little. I hold her hand and let her squeeze the life out of it.

"Y/N," I whisper, "you are an ugly crier." I try to joke. She hiccups out a laugh and shoves me.

"Get out of here, Fred." Her smile makes me smile every time.

"Come on," I get up and pull her up, "let's go to my house."

"Your house?" She looks apprehensive before a pout returns to her lips.

"Yes, my house." I bend down and after a few hesitant seconds, she gets on my back.

"But I've never been to your house." She mumbles in my ear.

My cheeks grow a bit warm, "well now you are."

I peek inside, before letting her in, making sure nobodies doing any magic. "I brought Y/N!" I announce, just in case.

I see her glare at me as I hear my mother yell, "what?!" I grimace a little, but that didn't sound too angry, more surprised.

She comes in with an angry look on her face. It quickly morphs to shock as her eyes move to Y/N. "Oh!" She gasps and dad comes in. He spots Y/N too and a look of recognition passes over his face before a sad look settles in his eyes. "Oh!" Mum cries, before returning to the kitchen. Dad stutters gesturing between us and the kitchen, before giving up and following her.

"What was that?" She asks me with a weird look on her face.

I shrug, "no clue." I take her hand and tug her upstairs to George and I's room. George is closing the closet door when we come in, a lot of things had obviously been shoved inside.

"Well, hello lovebirds." He falls back on his bed and sticks his hands behind his head. We both roll our eyes.

"Dinner should be ready soon," I say and she flops down on my bed and looks around.

"What do you guys do all day?" She adjusts a little and reaches behind her head, I grimace as she pulls out my wand. She twirls it around a little, "what is this?"

I grab it and throw it in my drawer, "my favorite stick." I grin, making her roll her eyes.

Next, she picks up my Quidditch, Through the Ages, and looks through it a little, "what is this, some sort of witch book?"

George snorts, "yes, Y/N, yes it is." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes, smiling, and lie down next to her.

Her Y/E/C eyes narrow, "why'd you say it like that?" Her fingers run through the back of my hair and my lip twitches up a little.

"Why wouldn't he say it like that?" I ask and she pushes me off the bed. "Hey!"

"Smartass."

Y/N POV

Fred's mom keeps looking at me and I am unsettled but other than that she seems really sweet. "Freddy," I murmured, softly.

"hm?" He asks, finally turning to me after messing with Ron with George.

"Eat this. I don't like it." I pout slightly and he scrapes it onto his plate. He then scrapes my favorite thing on his plate onto mine. "Aw," I joke, but the smile is genuine, "so sweet."

"I know. I am kinda amazing." He winks, making the corners of my lips twitch up a bit.

"You're going to make me gag." George sneers and sticks his tongue out at us.

I do it back, "It's only fair, your face makes me gag all the time."

"Hey!" Both twins exclaim, "We have the same face!" Fred curls his lip up.'

"Exactly."

"See that wasn't so bad." Fred bumps me slightly as he walks me home. His hair is really starting to get longer and he mentioned his mom doesn't like that. I like it though.

I look up at him through my eyelashes, "it was awful." It was somewhat dark by now, so I could barely see his classic Fred smirk.

"Now you know how I feel every night."

"Ugh, must be terrible." I dramatically sigh out. I yawn loudly, "I'm so tired." I say it through another yawn.

He bends down and I climb on his back. I lie my head on his shoulder and shut my eyes. "What do you want to do tomorrow, Y/N/N?"

"Anything," I murmur, "you know that, Freddy."

"School starts soon," I mention, kicking my legs back and forth in the water.

"Sooner for you." He brags, but there's this little grimace on his face.

"Where is this private school again?" I raise an eyebrow. The Weasleys like to give very little information on where they go to school. It must be a cult or something.

"Scotland." Fred answers from in the water.

"What's it called?"

"Oh, you know, private school." He answers with a sly smile.

"Ugh, whatever," I sigh and get in the pond completely, "imagine not going to public school, couldn't be me."

Fred rolls his eyes and swims over. "This is going to suck though isn't it?" He whispers. I had never seen him look like that before. His eyebrows are furrowed and his lip all pouty. I smile a little and splash him right in the face, he grins and pushes my head under the water.

I sigh deeply, picking at the grass. I look over at Freddy, he's next to the road with a magnifying glass. We may have watched a movie that had a scene where a kid burned an ant like that and now he's been trying for twenty minutes. "Don't forget about me, at your super secret private school." He was going back tomorrow, it felt like summer was just a blur now.

Fred finally comes over and plops down next to me, "I could never."

I smile quickly, before letting it fall, "You could." I bet my eyelashes at him, making him roll his eyes. "Because you have your little private school friends."

He moves, so his face is right in front of mine, "they aren't as cool as you."

I smile and boop his nose, "no lie, Freddy, no lie."

"You can't forget about me either." Fred leans back on the palms of his hands.

"That's the plan, forget you completely."

"Like anyone ever could forget Fred Weasley."