6

"You're so beautiful."

"No, but you are." Louis giggled.

Harry sighed and stroked his cheek. They were laying in Harry's bed making out.
"Why can't you believe me when I say that you are beautiful? You're the most beautiful boy I have ever seen."

"You haven't seen all the boys in the world, have you?" Louis teased.

"No, but I don't have to. I'm in love with you." Harry smiled fondly.

Louis drew in a sharp breath.
"You are?"

"I am. I hope that won't scare you away." Harry said with hesitation.

"I'm in love with you too." Louis smiled.

Harry kissed him. It was the last day before school started again after their Christmas vacation. They had spent every waken hour together. Sometimes they hung out with the boys or their families but mostly they were behind closed doors in their rooms and making out, nurturing their new relationship. Harry pressed kisses all over Louis' face and neck.
"So, how am I gonna convince you how beautiful you are? Is it all about the numbers?"

"No." Louis giggled.

Harry stopped to look at him. Louis explained.
"The people around me are beautiful because they have good hearts and are nice people, but finding the golden ratio is rare. You're the only one I've met. You're special."

Harry shook his head in amusement.
"You have such a fascinating way of seeing things."

Louis just laughed and then they made out some more. Louis had quickly established that kissing was his new favorite thing to do. Period.

Later when Harry was getting ready for bed a thought crossed his mind. He went to his desk and started to flip through the photo albums Louis had bought him. He had also helped him sort his photographs by some mathematical system he didn't get much of but Louis had been so cute and excited about it so he just went along. He flipped through the pages and finally, he found one of the pictures he had taken of Louis when they went out for a walk. He had taken a lot more pictures of him after that but he hadn't had time to develop those yet.

He took the picture out and put it on the desk. He found a ruler and went to work. He didn't know why it was so important to him that Louis knew how beautiful he was. Maybe because people had called him weird all his life. He has no idea if he would fit the golden ratio and if he didn't he wouldn't bring it up. Then Louis would be convinced that he wasn't beautiful. He smiled fondly. He had one quirky boyfriend. He stopped and stared into the air for a second. Louis was his boyfriend, right? He hadn't really asked him. He decided to do it right away. He picked up his phone and called him.
"Harry? Is something wrong?"

Oh, no. He got him worried.
"No, I miss you and I realized that I haven't asked you something important."

"I miss you too. What is it?" Louis wondered.

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" Harry asked.

"I thought that I already was." Louis replied, sounding confused.

"You are! I just wanted to ask you, like, properly. I don't want there to be any misunderstandings between us." Harry smiled.

"Oh, smart. Then, yes! Will you be mine?" Louis wondered.

"Yes. Good night Lou."

"Good night Hazza."

Harry smiled like a fool while he looked for a calculator. He wasn't as sharp as Louis when it came to head counting. He started to measure the crown of his head to his chin, 19.1 centimeters. He continued to do all the necessary measurements, writing them all neatly on a piece of paper and his smile grew wider and wider. He was definitely showing Louis this.

He hurried to school the next morning. He knew where he would find his boyfriend. It didn't matter that it was snowy and freezing outside. Louis would be behind the school starting at a beehive where all the bees were sleeping.

Louis was leaning against the wall. He walked up to him and gave him a peck on the lips.
"Hi, lovely."

"Hi." Louis smiled. He always sounded out of breath whenever Harry was around.

"So, question. When you measured my face, what was the final percentage of my beauty?" Harry smirked.

"82.6 percent." Louis answered without hesitation but added "which is crazy high. You got almost 100 percent on all of the factors."

"Right. So, I measured your face. Look." Harry said softly and handed him a paper.

Louis looked at it and gasped in surprise.
"84.2 percent? How is that possible? Did you miscalculate something?"

"Look at my calculations. Do you find an error?" Harry said and he really hoped that he wouldn't.

Louis' eyes flew over the paper.
"No, they're all correct. But..."

"Will you believe me now when I say that you're beautiful? You beat me!" Harry smiled in anticipation.

"I'm beautiful? But, you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen. How?" Louis said in utter confusion.

Harry cupped his cheeks.
"Thanks love, but so are you. The numbers say so."

Louis' eyes teared up.
"I'm beautiful." He breathed out.

"That you are. I know it. You know it. Fibonacci knows it." Harry said and pulled him in for a hug.

Louis giggled.
"He's dead. You're funny."

Louis became more confident after that and Harry thanked his lucky star for coming up with the idea.

They told their family and friends that they were a couple and everyone was happy for them.

Harry could have never guessed that numbers would make him find the person he was meant to be with but anything that works huh? He knew that he and Louis would stay together no matter what and that was what he told his boyfriend when he was accepted into a University in London.

They had a somewhat long-distance relationship for two years, only seeing each other on weekends and holidays. It was rough for both of them but they made it work. As soon as Harry graduated from high school he moved to London too to attend University and they got an apartment together. They experienced a lot of firsts together and they were both happy that they got to share them together. 

They had a whole lifetime in front of them where they would love and support each other despite their differences.

The End