Blue

Knocking on a dark blue door, I bowed as it opened.

"Good afternoon, Queen Syris" I greeted humbly at the woman who stood by the fireplace.

She didn't even spare a glance as she drank her white wine. "Jacob, Jose, Nanny's here for lunch" she announced, knowing the schedule like the back of her hand.

"Yes, mother" Jacob mumbled, walking past my while Jose stayed silent as he followed his younger brother outside.

"I'll return the young princes to the madam, later" I informed her.

Her dull blue eyes flickered over to my position. "Guard them, will you? I can't trust that old hag to be alone with my children" she grumbled, her grip on her wine glass tightened.

I held in my gasp at her insult to the queen mother(mother of the king). "As you wish, your majesty"

Closing the door, I turned to the two princes.

"Good afternoon, Prince Jacob"

"Prince Jose"

"Good afternoon, Nanny" they both greeted back

"Good afternoon, Nanny" they both greeted back., still uncomfortable with the silence after my talk with their mother. "Now, let the maids guide you to the dining room, ok? Be good to the while I fetch your other siblings" I smiled at the two.

Jacob nods, "Yes, nanny"

Jose frowns. "Is the queen mother asking for me and Jacob, again?" He asks, frustration could be seen clearly on his face.

Smiling pitifully, I nodded. "Yes, Prince Jacob. You know how the Queen mother adores your family line"

He couldn't only sigh at me, both him and his mother felt uncomfortable with the old woman. "...Let's just hurry, so we can go home earlier" Jose turned to Jacob,walking ahead as half of the maids walked behind him

"See you later I guess, nanny!" Jacob waved as he ran after his older brother.

Seeing them walk away, I shook my head and walked to the garden.