Chapter Forty-One

A week had passed and Rory was back home, currently staying at the Manor again because Oliver, Tim, and Bruce thought it was best she stay close to them just in case the League would try to kidnap her again. There was a low chance of it happening, but Tim refused to let his wife and child be put at risk like that again.

Rory curled into Tim's chest, as they laid on their bed watching My Fair Lady for the thousandth time. At this point, Tim, as well as Rory, had this movie memorized by heart, and that included the songs.

Their hands were intertwined resting over her stomach as she hummed along to the current song playing. Having an official appointment with Leslie together, she gave them the basic information about pregnancy and referred them to an Obstetrician who was as good as she was discreet.

"I can't believe I'm gonna be a dad," Tim muttered, not taking his eyes away from their hands. "After the scare, and everything with it, I was so worried that you were turned off to the idea of ever having kids."

Rory looked up at him, shocked at his admission. Her free hand came up to cup his cheek as he leaned into her touch, kissing her palm softly.

"I know you said you wanted a family, but with our profession things change so quickly and I was scared that was going to happen. That you were going to wake up one day and decide you didn't want a family, didn't want me..." Tightening his grip on her hand, his thumb brushed over the ring on her finger as if to remind himself she still wasn't a hallucination.

"Then everything was great for those few years, and that fear dwindled away with each kiss and touch. I started to believe that we were meant to be together forever, you were the only person I've ever wanted like this. I never felt this passionately about anyone before I saw you again, and knew you were my soulmate from our very first kiss."

Rory watched as his face dropped and tears began to prickle his eyes.

"Then one day, out of the blue you were gone. It was like the dream ended and I was forced back into the harsh reality we live in, and couldn't find my way out of the darkness." Tim sniffed, wiping his nose on his shirt. "Trying to get over you was the hardest thing I have ever done, or so I thought until last week."

"When I pieced together you were there, and no one was able to give me an answer on if you were okay or not I felt I couldn't breathe. Then I find out not only is my wife, the love of my life, alive but pregnant with my baby." Tim laughed, tears rolling down his cheeks. "That was the best day of my life, closely followed by the day you said 'I do'."

Rory laughed, wiping the tears with her thumb. Leaning closer, she kissed him softly. "I never wanted anything more than to spend the rest of my life with you, and now with this baby, we can be a family. A proper one, without shitty parents." she chuckled.

"Yeah," Tim laughed, pulling her close. "Without shitty parents."

Hearing Tim's words, everything made sense. Rory wasn't very open at the beginning of their relationship, especially with how she felt. But as time went, Rory had to learn that she didn't have to do everything on her own. She had a massive support system ready for her to lean on and help her with anything she needed.

"On that note, we have to tell everyone we're married, and that I'm pregnant," she said, tangling her legs with his.

Tim stiffened beside her, he completely forgot about that bit and sooner than later they were going to find out.

"Does that mean I have to tell Oliver or worse Roy that I knocked you up?"

Rory scoffed and hit his chest, "If you say it like that, they definitely will kill you."