Chapter One

Lan Shizui walks the path to the back hill, hoping to find Wei Wuxian just dazing off there with the bunnies. Before taking another step, someone calls out for him, it was Lan Jingyi, his fellow disciple and close friend.

"Shizui! Wait!"

"Jingyi, what is it?"

"Are you going to Wei-qianbei?"

"Ah yes, we're going on a night hunt tonight and I wanted to bring him along."

"You should've called me too, I wanted him to check my sword stance again."

"Let's go then."

The both of them continue to make their way to the back hill, only to stop when they see Wei Wuxians' hair flow gracefully in the air. But something was wrong, his eyes were red and he was quite. So quite that he didn't even have a smile on his face.

"Shizui... Is it just me or Wei-qianbei has been like this for the past month now..."

"I notice that too but... Is there something bothering him...?"

They collect themselves as they walk towards the man who looked at the setting sun.

"Wei-qianbei!"

"Wei-qianbei."

They both greet him with smiles on their faces that startled Wei Wuxian. Now smiling at them as he stood up.

"Oh it's you, Shizui and Jingyi. What brings you both here?"

"Wei-qianbei, we want to bring you with us on a night hunt. Would you like to?"

"Hahaha! Do you even have to ask?"

Wei Wuxian placed his arms around the boys' shoulders.

"I'll be happy to come!"

"Wei-qianbei! I want to know if my stance has improved!"

"Then show me."

Wei Wuxian grinned as the three of them walk towards the entrance on Cloud Recesses.

"Wei-qianbei, do you not need anything in the Jingshi?"

"No, none at all. Let's go."

The left the Cloud Recesses as they head down the mountain, greeted by Jin Sect Leader, Jin Ling and Ouyang Zizhen.

"Eh?! Why are we bringing him with us?!"

Jin Ling exclaimed.

"What? Don't you want my assistance?"

"Wei-qianbei, it's good to see that you are doing well these days."

"Thank you, Zizhen."

Zizhen grinned as Wei Wuxian notices him with a smile. Jin Ling pouted as he flicked his hair.

"Whatever, let's just go."

The five of them started making their way to the specific location of the night hunt. While on the walk, Wei Wuxian was unusually quite, he was fiddling with his sash as he walks before them. Lan Jingyi decided to break the silence.

"Wei-qianbei, why didn't you take Little apple with you today?"

"Huh? Don't you hate having to tug his reign everytime he's with us?"

"Well that's true, but won't you get tired?"

"Haha, why would I be?"

"If you say so."

"Just focus on thinking of a plan you will do later on."

Wei Wuxian had cut off the conversation there. Jin Ling might not admit it but he is worried for this man before them. Upon reaching the destination, they can hear loud snarls of fierce corpses and breaking branches.