Asking Amina

Hello sweet people 🌝😍

Who missed Y'all's faves? I did so I wrote today. 

This chapter is for @Sudaisa_b and @AmirahVirgo. Can't tag y'all since I use the web browser 💓💓

If you forget to vote and comment, I might just forget to update the other chapter I've started writing. It's not a threat 🐱

Happy Reading ☺️

"What do you mean by that?"

She watched him stop, pull the brush lock of his fanny pack back and forth to tighten it before responding to her.

"I want to get to know you more, if you don't want to though, I will understand." She stared at him for a good minute, turning away at the last second and walking away down the hill. She so wanted to get away from him as what she'd worried about that most had arrived.

She skipped the water break and ran, not jogged, back to her brother's house, she left the gate unlatched for her siblings and went to her part of the house, still wondering how and what could have prompted AbdulRahman to ask her that question.

She stripped her clothes immediately she got into her room, stepped into the already warm shower and began to wash her body. Once she finished, she'd stepped out of the shower for a few seconds before remembering she was supposed to wash her hair, she stepped back in and took a glob of shampoo, rubbed into her hair to make a good lather and with soap suds in her hair, dripping down her face and shoulders, she burst into tears.

The shower turned off and Amina came out with her hair dripping water over the tiled floor, she picked a hair towel and wrapped it around her hair. Her hair was supposed to have a full routine but all she wanted on this particular day was to feel water in her hair. Maybe it would help her make practical decisions.

She stepped gingerly out of her bathroom and jumped slightly when she met Munayah in her bedroom waiting for her. She'd shed her ivy park gym wear and the rechargeable fan was blowing.

"Why did you run away?" Amina sighed and continued to dry her hair as though Munayah had not just spoken. She wanted more than anything, not to say anything. She just wanted to think.

"I want to think, put things in perspective before I table it before myself fully." Munayah heaved a sigh, she knew it would take some time. So she got up, zipped up her gym wear and left Amina's apartment glumly.

Amina went back to the bathroom and turned on the hair dryer and put it in the direction of her damp hair, wishing that she didn't wash it, but the school taught at wanted to see all the online staff that day and she needed to appear as skillful and confident as possible, that was almost impossible with the question AbdulRahman had dropped on her during her morning run.

"Ugh!" The heat from the hair dryer jerked her back to consciousness and she began to comb through her now dry hair, she packed it into a low bun and entered her room to wear the wine calf length gown she'd picked out the previous night.

"Where are you off to?" Her brother asked at the car port, he'd already freshened up and was ready for the day to begin as well. He absentmindedly pulled out a new mask from his pocket and handed it to his sister, who pinched the elastic ropes until her brother sat back in his car.