ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴᴏ. ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

The rest of the party sat anxiously in the car, waiting for at least some type of response from Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Mia.

"I feel like we should go in." Nancy bobbed her leg up and down.

"We have to wait!" Alex replied. "They'll pick up." She reassured.

"Yeah, but, how sure are you?" Asked Lucas.

"What, do you have like, no faith in them?" Snapped Alex.

"I'm just saying I'm worried, too!" Lucas defended himself. "Am I not allowed to worry about my friends?"

"That's not what I'm saying!"

"That's exactly what you're saying!"

"How?"

"You basically said I can't worry about them!"

"No I didn't, God Damnit!"

"Yes, Alex, you did!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The four were shoved into a room, the same room from before, which caused some not so good déjà vu. Except, this time, they weren't tied up.

Thank God.

A man walked into the room.

He was a Russian man.

But, not the Russian man.

Again, thank God.

"Before you ask," Steve said as the Russian opened his mouth to interrogate the four. "We were sent here."

"We were?" Dustin asked.

Steve shot him a nasty glare.

"We were!" Dustin smiled, trying to save it.

"By who?" The Russian raised an eyebrow.

The four stopped and looked at each other.

By who?

What where they supposed to say?

Steve blurted out the first name that came to mind:

"Ronald Reagan!" He shouted.

Mia, Robin, and Dustin looked at Steve with wide eyes. Steve ignored them and continued to stall the Russian.

"We are undercover cops for the government." He lied. The Russian furrowed his eyebrows at Steve, at Dustin, then back at Steve.

"Yup!" Steve nodded. "Even the child!"

"ID." The Russian said without any questions. He held his hand out and waited.

"Wait, what?" Mia raised her eyebrows.

"ID." He said again.

"We don't have any." Dustin shrugged. "We're undercover. Remember?"

"Really undercover." Robin nodded.

"Why are you here?" The Russian asked, causing Steve to have intense déjà vu.

Again.

He couldn't stop thinking about it. Almost letting all of his friends die like that.

"Well, President Regan said that he wants to..." Mia trailed off, waiting for someone to finish her fib.

"Help you!" Dustin finished. "He wants to help you open the gate."

The Russian gave them a questioning look. The Scoops Troop knew that he was aware that they were lying, but there was no turning back now.

"But first, we have to make a very important call." Mia said.

"Extremely important." Robin nodded.

"So important, you can't even be in the room." Dustin shook his head.

The Russian wrinkled his nose and thought for a moment until he finally left the room.

The four were actually pretty surprised that he left. They expected him to just bring out the medical stuff and just kill them all on the spot.

Dustin ran to the door and locked it. And, for good measure, he pressed his back against the door just to make sure if the Russians got in, it would be a little smidge harder to get in.

Steve grabbed the walkie talkie out of the inside of his vest and lifted the antenna.

He pressed the button down and spoke into it.

"Hey," he said. "We're in."